AT&T Southeast page on DSLReports

Review by brantman See Profile

• Location: Fortson,Muscogee,GA
Good "Uncapped, reliable connection, OK customer service"
Bad "Terribly slow"
Overall "No Caps, Too slow to be relevant, only if you have no other option"

We moved to our current address in 2008 and the only internet option was AT&T. This was back in the days before video streaming was popular and the speeds then were perfect for the needs of the normal person. As time progressed and more people moved into the area, the speed dropped slowly until now where it is nearly unusable for anything other than checking email. Anything that requires more bandwidth than social media is a constant problem and too slow to use. The best things about the service were the customer service which was almost always helpful (even if the problem would return after 2 months) and the lack of a cap. Unfortunately, the company seems to either refuse or be unable to increase the speeds. After researching the Uverse option, it still won't be a real speed increase to compare with other types of services. If you only have the most basic of needs for internet (email and a few webpages) and want great customer service, this is perfect for you but otherwise, this should be your last option short of a capped data plan.

Comments:

Review by marcusj3000 See Profile

• Location: Alexandria,Rapides,LA
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Speed has tanked"
Bad "took them a while to find out why I wasn't recieving signal"
Overall "Crappy"

Ordered like the 18 of March, installed on the 22 of March but dsl didn't work and bellsouth said there was a problem with wiring of phone jack. I rewired jack and finally got a dial tone but no dsl signal. To make a long story short found out that CO was wired wrong so the signal wasn't even making it to the cross box. Up now 27 March and speeds are greet.

Update 3 Oct. 2006: reliability of connection has degrade to having to release and renew IP address multiple times a day. Customer service is still bad. Moved to new apartment in the same complex and they couldn't figure out if i could get DSL or not and when I put in transfer order they didn't move dsl cause their system said it was not available in new apartment even though it was an apartment in the same complex. So i canceled DSL even though it was already canceled and got a cable hooked up the same day and faster speed tier and less headaches than cable.

Update 12 December 2007: Time to set my new years resolution to dump this pathetic service and get on the speed train with cable. The have fell behind cable in speed and price which is sad. DSL is dying a slow death.

Update 15 October 2008: I have officially dumped them as a overprice pile of dong. They can't hold a candle to cable now and the price you get for speed is a total ripoff. U-verse deployment if slow to get out and they have raised prices and tacked on fees this company is a bust now. DSl is slowly dieing a painful death and will soon but a distant memory.

Comments:

Review by SlashG42 See Profile

• Location: Metairie,Jefferson,LA
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "3Mbps. No Real Cap."
Bad "Bit slow for the price."
Overall "Depends on distance to CO."

·Cox HSI
Ordered 3.0/384. I usually get 2300-2700/320-350.

When it works it's fine, but Bellsouth has only one CO for most of Metaire and Kenner. It is the Bellsouth building by Transcontinental and Veterans. If you live out towards the lake it is a very long wire run. Any time it rains or the wind blows, the connection drops. Bellsouth says since I'm at about 10,000 feet by the lake off of Transcontinental there's nothing they can do. They say that new CO's will be built in this area, but I've heard that same story since 2001.

If you live near the CO(under 1 mile driving distance) service is great, but if you live between the lake and W. Esplanade, 1.5Mbps is the fastest you will get stable, 3Mbps is mostly stable, and 6Mbps is impossible. I only know of one guy who can get the 6Mbps to work, but he lives about 2 blocks from the CO.

Dropped AT&T March 2008. Ran a dedicated drop with the filter outside the house specifically for the DSL modem using solid Cat6. Still had connection stability problems. Every time it rained or got very windy, I would lose my connection. Calm, sunny day, I could connect at full rate with not even a hiccup. The next tech told me it was a problem with my inside wiring. How the "F'" does rain or wind affect my inside wiring?

I no longer use AT&T. Switched to Cox. 6mbps vs 100+mbps for the same price with better stability.

Comments:

Review by SlowFITL See Profile

• Location: Mobile,Mobile,AL
Good "Absolutely nothing!"
Bad "AT&T refuses to upgrade fiber in the loop (FITL) systems...."
Overall "AT&T is killing off DSL leaving us with NOTHING!"

Update 5/22/14: Inconsistent speeds and the neighborhood remains unupgraded even though it has fiber to the curb! AT&T verified that they are sunsetting DSL next year meaning that I and many others will be left without internet service. AT&T is the biggest bunch of liars I have ever done business with.

Update 3/6/14: AT&T strikes again! They have announced another rate increase! They have done NOTHING to earn a rate increase. The top speed that they can deliver is 6 mb down and 512 k up. $54 for 6 meg DSL in 2014! I'm contemplating disconnecting all together and just going without internet until Mediacom gets cable installed to my neighborhood. I've already terminated my AT&T wireless service and I'm itching to do the same with my home service.

Update 12/15/13: Experiencing slow downs at peak times. During these peak times I see speeds of 3 - 4.5 mbps. AT&T is of no help and at this point I am just waiting on Mediacom to start the expansion that they have confirmed to be in the works. Those of us stuck with the various flavors of fiber in the loop are stuck with pure garbage DSL service from this pitiful excuse of a company. Bottom line.... if AT&T doesn't have U Verse in your area and you have other options run like hell.

Update 9/24/13: Speeds are more consistent over the past month. I am averaging around 5 mbps down which is still pathetic in my opinion, not to mention the upload speed of 420kbps. AT&T better get their ass in gear... Mediacom has confirmed that they are building out our subdivision. If AT&T leaves us with fiber to the curb technology that is outdated and failing Mediacom will pick up the entire subdivision.

Update: Speeds have been wildly fluctuating for nearly a month. My download speeds range from 2 mbps to 5.5 mbps with 3 mbps being the norm. Keep in mind that I am paying for 6 mbps service. I'm sick and tired of AT&T and the endless problems I have with them. The problem lies with the crappy fiber to the curb system that they don't maintain anymore that they won't upgrade. They just continue to milk the situation and take the customer's hard earned money. Crappy service from a cheap ass company.

Update: Connection issues seem to be resolved. The bottom line is that 6 mb DSL simply doesn't cut it anymore. AT&T needs to look themselves in the mirror and ask if they even want to be in the wireline business anymore. If cable were an option I would have been gone years ago.

Frequent outages due to the Marconi DISC*S FTTC system that serves our subdivision. AT&T keeps replacing cards in the pedestal as they keep going out. GET OFF YOUR BUTT AT&T AND REPLACE THESE OLD SYSTEMS! It's no wonder AT&T customers by in large have a negative view of them.

member for 2.8 years, 837 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
lrreed

join:2012-10-12
Albany, GA

att disconnecting

go with actiontec model GT784WN $58 -63.00 on Amazon. Have not had disconnect since installing. If you don't have att password, call tech support, they suppilied it even though I am not using thier Moden/Router. Hope this helps some one. Will not work on u-verse, only 2wire

David
I start new work on
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

if you need help

Post in the direct forum, we can work on it.
copycat

join:2011-08-28
Tucker, GA

AT&T DSl

Yes it sux, in general. Slow, lags, disconnects, unbelievable. My Clearwire wireless broadband performs batter than AT&T crappy DSL.
sbken

join:2002-03-09
Etowah, NC

1 recommendation

ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

I've had nothing but miserable experience with ATT DSL. My speed is "capped" at 1.3 MB/s (on a good day) because their equipment is at maximum capacity and they have no intention to upgrading. My neighbor dropped their ATT DSL a year ago and recently requested reestablishment of DSL service. ATT refused claiming that "the loop is full" We have no other options in our remote location. I called the ATT President's Office and asked if ATT wasn't required to supply a minimum if DSL service - thinking about my neighbor. The unbelievably arrogant answer was the "Internet service is not guaranteed by the Constitution." I've frequently asked when U-Verse service would be available to me and was told that they had no plans to expand the service in my area. Obviously ATT would rather we just go away.

said by sbken:

It's almost like they were "baiting" you into cancelling your service with that response. As a matter of fact I think they were.

If I were you I would send a return receipt requested snail mail to the CEO , Mr. Randall Stephenson and let him know about this behavior.

I've heard a lot of things but this came from the execitive offices and in any circumstances is NOT ACCEPTABLE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

Randall, you really need to monitor this site because it appears that you have NO clue about the OUTRAGEOUS behavior of your employees.
sbken

join:2002-03-09
Etowah, NC

Re: ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

Being a persistent cuss I've already sent snail mails to my two Senators, the FCC and the FTC. The FTC replied with a form letter, telling me they'll save my letter in their secure database. (Oh wow!) The FCC, as they have done previously, did not reply but sent a copy of my letter to the ATT President's office. As has happened before, the same "gentleman" in the President's office called me and apologized from speaking to me in a condescending manner. He did not promise any improvement to or resolution of the original problem. This afternoon I received a telephone call from one of the Senator's office in Washington, DC and the aide informed me that they were aware of the third-world quality of the U.S. internet. They were working with the FCC to draft new legislation to mandate improved internet service but that ATT and the other major carriers are fighting them. Nevertheless, he said that they might see some improvements/changes in the few couple of years. Don't hold your breath.

P.S. A few years ago I received a thinly-veiled email threat from ATT warning me that that had the authority of terminate my service if I took "harassing" action. They provided a long list of what they considered harassment conditions - obscenity, threats, etc. I've engaged in none of those actions. But they implied that other actions on my part could result in termination of service. So, a letter to Mr. Stephenson could be counter-productive. I'll wait to hear from my other Senator. But I don't expect any improvement in ATT Service in the foreseeable future.

said by sbken:

Sounds like someone in middle management is trying to prevent you from voicing your concerns to someone who can get something done ...like the CEO.

As long as your letter is respectful I see NO reason why you shouldn't let the CEO know about how his underlings are responding to those THAT PAY THEIR SALARIES!

The ONLY reason that other "gentleman" apologized for his behavior is because he knows that it was COMPLETELY UNacceptable behavior and is probably grounds for HIS TERMINATION, if the CEO knew about it. Which the CEO SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS BEHAVIOR.

The critical thing is that you must send that letter
"return receipt requested, to be opened ONLY by Mr. Randall Stephenson CEO of ATT. "

Re: ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

The problem with AT&T is management. They are completely uncoordinated. It's a classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. The best thing that could happen is for the wireline business to be spun off.

tigerpaw509

join:2011-01-19

Re: ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

Soon as they find a buyer with $1 trillion dollars it's sold.
They want 100% wireless and cant wait to drop all landlines.

Re: ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

The imagined unending profit goldmine with wireless won't last forever, considering how the main street economy is stumbling more than even now, (wages stagnant or dropping due to inflation) price of staples going up, gas ect...most consumers are at the tipping point of what they can afford to spend on NONessential items, and internet is one of them.

DataRiker
join:2002-05-19

1 recommendation

Re: ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

Anything Randall Stephenson can do for another steak dinner.

ATT is the absolute bottom of the dumpster.

said by DataRiker:

ATT is the absolute bottom of the dumpster.

Quoted for the truth. I'm stuck with them and hate every minute of it until Mediacom decides they want to service our neighborhood.

Danny

@bellsouth.net

Re: ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

ever since about oct-2012, from 3pm to 9-10pm our ping goes up by outrageous rates. i try speedtests, and the throttling holds us steady "within our payment plan range" but the connection is intermittent overall.

every day my sons complain about how they cant play their games because their lag is so horrible because of the high pings.

customer support is NO HELP because as i said we're "within our accepted range for our payment plan"

such utter BS.

ronny4067

@sbcglobal.net

ATT DSL

As some of you have stated, at&t is 'not' interested in providing adsl service over copper network. It is trying it's best to get rid of all it's copper that will not support u_verse. U-verse and wireless is what at&t wants to continue to provide, because it has no, or very little, government oversight. at&t shopped it's copper network several year's ago but no one was interested. If your on copper and outside the range of U-verse, good luck. If your state regulates the copper network, ie goergia's PSC, that is your only hope. good luck!!!!

biotech

@66.249.113.x

Change your DSL provider

Instead of whining about Ma Bell's prices for DSL service, why don't you TRY to change providers such as DSLExtreme or any CLEC DSL Provider since they have much friendlier prices ($19 for 6mbps internet with renewable contract for DSLExtreme) and that they are MUCH wiling to help customers who know about this website.

said by biotech :

There are NO other options at my address.
SuperTech

join:2014-03-21

What area are you in?

said by SuperTech:

What area are you in?

I'm in far west Mobile. My neighborhood was built in 2005 and wired with the newest version of FTTC. It's a simple matter of AT&T not caring to upgrade the electronics in these systems.

SuperTech

@144.160.226.x
Maybe try getting in touch with a local guy.. Could be line issues.

said by SuperTech :

Maybe try getting in touch with a local guy.. Could be line issues.

Something strange just happened. Southern Light has been running fiber on the poles in my to the area close to my serving RT and the latency and speeds suddenly got better. I wonder if Southern Light is providing fiber for AT&T in some instances?

AttHostage

@99.117.50.x

att has been holding me hostage after i called

they locked up my line by putting a "SERVICE in PROCESS" Hold on the line. I cant get another service or do anything until they either take that off or I call them and say I QUIT ! That is their way or Extortion. Extorting money from me by not allowing me to go somewhere else because of the service hold on my line.

Review by taco_hell See Profile

• Location: Miami,Miami-Dade,FL
Good "Nothing, I wonder if AT&T really reads this?"
Bad "tech support and sometimes billing department,caps, caps, caps!"
Overall "Good Bye for good!"

i was a bellsouth costumer but after being tired from all of their abuses i changed to directv dsl. Bellsouth has monkeys working in their billing department, they always made mistakes on my account, charged me $200 dollars for installation where i did the installation and nobody knew why that amount of money was in my account. My service always was disconnected at the beginning of the month due to some misunderstanding between bellsouth adsl and bellsouth the phone company. In other words if you suffer from ulcers or hemorroids, don't go with bellsouth, if you do prepare yourself for long waitings and long fightings and all you get is a "we are sorry" but that does not guaranteed that the same mistakes are going to stop. When it wasn't working i called the tech support and as always they don't know what is happening and after all the drill they decides to forward the call to billing information which takes 20 minutes in hold 20 minutes to find out, 10 minutes fighting and oh no manager around.

Thank god that bellsouth doesn't own the only dsl provider in miami and i am happy with the current one.

Update, after DTV went kaput i switched back to BS, now i upgraded it to extreme package and i am kinda happy. Tech support sometimes is a awsome and some other times is a pain in the arse.

But overall i know they are not going to file for bankrupcy...yet

Update: Service is ok, caps baaaaaad. I do not have uverse, i am not crazy to pay $200 bucks out of the bat. Caps are kiling me, i cannot even watch on demand shows as my tv provider is directv.

Update: Moved to a new location and took my money to comcast, 50 megs download and half the price for ucrap, aaaahh and no caps!!! Still waiting if google decides to come to FL, oh and EF you! AT&T you wont steal my $20 bucks monthly like before because of your stupid cap, good bye and I hope more people leave you.

ATT people knocking on my door to sell u-verse..yeah right

Comments:

SlowFITL

Yep... AT&T sucks!

I hate AT&T so bad that I wish I lived somewhere with another option such as cable. AT&T does not care about its customers although they claim to.

lgamer

join:2004-08-16
Louisville, KY

Re: Yep... AT&T sucks!

I agree with that. AT&T sucks and so does their service.

Review by maestro7 See Profile

• Location: Loganville,Walton,GA
Good "Overall, steady service"
Bad "Lately, something's been physically impacting the line"
Overall "Can't upgrade DSL, hoping U-Verse becomes available, else have to go elsewhere for service"

·DIRECTV
Since we've been at our present address, we've had a few issues with AT&T
DSL, but overall it had been pretty good.

Two strikes against us, though:

1. Home is just far enough away from the CO (Central Office) that we cannot
get anything higher than 3.0MBps downstream;
2. U-Verse is not yet provisioned for our area (though another node -- we
once found it -- is provisioned for it, but on a different downstream line,
though only about 1.5 miles away from the house).

Then, back on 6/15/2011 when major rain storms came through eastern Atlanta,
the DSL sync light on my Netgear router/modem (excellent device, BTW) began
going down every 15 minutes for about 15 seconds and then back up. I called
this in and (probably "of course") they saw no apparent problems on the
line, opened a ticket, and had me call back if the problem persisted.

Then today, with a day off, my son and I attempted to watch a couple of
kid's movies on Netflix, which kept getting interrupted due to buffering
issues. Netflix's customer support was excellent, even letting me know just
how much the download speed was all over the map -- from between 0.5MBps to
2.xMBps. Therefore, I decided to call AT&T about it.

At first, 1 out of every 5 speed tests using AT&T's speed tester came back
with the same types of results as what NFLX saw. After some prodding of the
CSR (though not much, as she eventually volunteered me to the supervisor),
they finally attempted to reprovision the DSL line to a different
speed/sound noise profile (the CSR kept wanting me to reboot my PC in "F8"
mode (Safe Mode), and I kept asking her why, especially when my PS3, my
iPhone and my PC were all showing the same results, meaning it either had to
be the router or the network, per se). They reprovisioned, made the
situation worse, backed down to the original profile, and now my speeds are
affected 50% percent of the time (left worse than to begin with).

They are sending out a tech sometime tomorrow afternoon. I hope this fixes
the issue, as they've had to mess with a local break-out box on a previous
call and supposed had to "borrow" an extra line or channel just to get us
operational again.

Update/new review when the job completes...

Update - 12/27/2013:

All issues had since cleared.

While this has been a steady service over the years, the wife and I have had it being unable to share bandwidth at the 3 Mbps level.

I will next be reviewing Comcast HSI, which shall now relegate DSL to purely a backup service until such time as my wife is OK with canceling it (she has consistently despised anything cable, but our need for more bandwidth is trumping her hatred).

After several checks with AT&T both in person and online, there is absolutely no indication if or when U-verse will be deployed to our address. We'd really prefer U-verse as the only viable alternative to DirecTV.

Comments:

Catmando
join:2002-10-22
Anderson, IN

impedance, impedance, impedance

You need nid splitter or cat5 directly from you network interface to you DSL Gateway.
This will cut down on loss packages and increase line speeds. Also ask to be put on a Interleave profile this will compensate for any additional lost packages further increasing your line speed.
maestro7

join:2004-08-31
Loganville, GA
·DIRECTV

Re: impedance, impedance, impedance

Hi, Catmando:

While I appreciate the response, and since ATT DSL/U-verse will likely never achieve any significant speeds in our area (I can't even upgrade back to 3Mbps since we downgraded to 768k as a backup solution presently), we're now enjoying Comcast HSI at 50+ Mbps with no latency, ping or other issues at this time.

Thanks.

join:2002-10-22
Anderson, IN

Re: impedance, impedance, impedance

That sounds awesome. In this economy you have to do what's going to benefit yourself. I'm happy to hear you made the best choice.

Review by tnewton See Profile

• Location: Louisville,Jefferson,KY
Good "best price for the speed"
Bad "will not support my VOIP phone; horrible tech support "
Overall "SWITCHING form Uverse despite just getting it!"

U-Verse

Called support because VOIP would not work. My company tells me they've had problems with AT&T Uverse. Unbeliaveable. They'd promise call backs and did not. Gave my account number 5 times during the same 30 minute conversation. Their VOIP area is for businesses only. I have spent more than 2 hours on the phone with someone directly with no resolution other than it must be the phone (that works for all our other remote employees).

Comments:

SysOp

join:2001-04-18
Douglasville, GA

UVERSE = Bonded DSL

Do you know how to open ports on your router? Do you know how to setup a VOIP phone system? If not, it may be user error.

Review by jay_bob See Profile

• Location: Columbia,Richland,SC
Good "It works mostly but the downloads freeze and stall all the time"
Bad "Technology frozen in time"
Overall "Unless you only want to check you email forget it"

Update 11/5/2013:
Unfortunately I had all I could stand and I dumped them for Time Warner yesterday. Too many TCP retransmit delays > 20 seconds at a time. No plans to upgrade our Marconi fiber system so I would be stuck on 3/0.3 forever.

Youtube was completely unwatchable even with it on 360. Buffer and freeze, and then it would just stop cold and never go past that point. If someone tried to open a web page, just a simple page request, anyone else in the house would freeze up too.

If this is the only service passing your house I feel sorry for you.

Update 12/16/2008:
Still going great. I ordered the 2wire 2701 router this year and upgraded from my old 2wire 1000 that I had brought with me from TX. I also got a letter that told me I was eligible for a price reduction on a bundle so I was able to cut my bill by about 25%.

Update 1/28/2008:
No problems other than the DNS outage a few months ago. Went to OpenDNS and never looked back.

Update 6/24/2007:
Still works great, no problems at all. Just wish the "new" AT&T would match the price structure of the "old" AT&T (i.e. the former SBC in the midwest). The only time I can remember being down was about 6 months ago when most of the Southeast went down for about a day.

I do live in a newer neighborhood that has the fiber to the pedestal (brown ped with vents on top, about 1 foot square top and 2-1/2 feet tall) about 3 houses down, so there really isn't a lot of copper in my loop. This helps the reliability significantly.

I do like the fact that you aren't sharing bandwidth with your neighbors like you do with cable. This is one of the main reasons I have stayed with DSL instead of cable even though cable is faster.
----------------------------------------------
Moved to Columbia, SC a year ago from SBC land in Texas. Order rep was very helpful with the initial setup - gave me the user name and temp password during the same call as when I set up the telephone service.

Moved into an existing house, so the dial tone came up as promised on the day we moved in. A few days later a big envelope with filters and a CD came but I had already put a NID filter in so those went into the junk drawer. Never used the CD.

On the promised date, plugged in my existing router (2 Wire Home Portal), put in the new key code for Bell South, and it synced up like magic. Logged in and set up the account and mailboxes and off to the races.

Only complaint I have is the price for the speed - I was used to significantly less cost in Texas, and had Yahoo features to boot. You do get a static IP, though.

member for 10.7 years, 792 visits, last login: 1 year ago
updated 1 year ago

Comments:

Review by BellSouthBS See Profile

• Location: Fort Lauderdale,Broward,FL
Good "..... I got rid of them after 1 year"
Bad "Network password issue; Intermittent service after rainstorms; Frequent disconnects; speed issues; "
Overall "AT&T is NOT a reputable company, and leaves it up to the customer to report defective AT&T infrastructure, DSLAMS, and dead IPs."

·Clear Wireless
I signed up for U-Verse, and found AT&T installing DSL. I was suppose to receive service for $14.95 on a promo, but ended up paying $24.95, a classic AT&T "BAIT & SWITCH"

The service was intermittent after install until they cranked up signal levels on an old telco cable that was put in shortly after God created dirt. I spent more time on the phone with support than I spent on the internet. Around Christmas, they double-billed me, and instead of removing a month, they actually ADDED a third month's charges, which added up to TRIPLE BILLING.

After more outages and lost time, $25 credits were issued, but I never saw any of them on the bill.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when I demanded to speak to tier 3 tech support, and was told that every time there was a glitch or power failure, my modem would lose the NETWORK PASSWORD, which required me to go into an advanced setup mode, and re-install the password. Without a password, the modem would work intermittently, and it would be hit or miss if I could load a page, or download a file. After Mark told me this, I thought back over the past year, and wondered why all the hard to understand AT&T tech support people in the Philippines never mentioned this. When I told them I couldn't understand them, they simply continued with their "UNPLUG THE MODEM" speech. I had spent a year with crappy AT&T service and support, only to be told that there is a defect in THEIR system, which required customer intervention for the NETGEAR modems.

Because of all the DSL outages, my fail-safe MBR-1000 modem switched to my unlimited grandfathered wireless modem, but AT&T didn't bother to throttle, they simply suspended service after 5 GB to a paying customer who was paying TWICE for service that he was not getting. This DENIAL OF SERVICE left me and my family without telephone service (VOIP). I am a Federal Communications Commission Liaison Committee Member for the SBE, and am also a Member of The Bar, and now I am preparing to file in Federal Court.

With Japan being wired up for 2 GB down and one GB up, at a cost equivalent to 50 US Dollars, AT&T is ripping off Americans. In addition, AT&T has tons of hidden spectrum (bandwidth), including spectrum on either side of the SDARS Band, where XM-Radio and Sirius Radio reside in the 2.3 GHz spectrum. I have never seen so much greed as I see with AT&T and cable companies. Please remember: Cable companies got their start by stealing signals from TV-Broadcast Stations. They made so much money, and never paid the stations back then, that they could afford to hire lawyers to prosecute people who stole signals from them. How IRONIC.

Comments:

Review by Pesimist See Profile

• Location: Valley,Chambers,AL
Good "Reasonably Fast - Some Drop Outs - Easy to get up and running."
Bad "Customer Service is lost"
Overall "Definitely not broadband speeds, Poor QoS"

·HughesNet Satell..
No second thoughts, glad i dumped ATT. Been with Charter since October 2011, very few problems - a good move!

October 2011: Dropped ATT DSL, QoS just wasn't where it should be - Again.

September 2011: Quality of Service is an issue again, TCP pauses are increasing. Some packet loss & retransmits, speeds appear okay.