AT&T Southeast page on DSLReports

Review by timcuth See Profile

• Location: Pelham,Shelby,AL
Good "Extreme 3 is more reliable than ever"
Bad "No speed upgrades, ever. 3 mbps is not enough in today's world."
Overall "Good, solid connection"

·Charter
UPDATE 10-APR-2014

I have dropped this service, switching to cable. It became apparent that modern speed upgrades were never going to come to my neighborhood. I now feel like I held on to DSL too long, and it wish I had switched, sooner.

UPDATE 14-NOV-2013

Price has gone up, no change in service. U-Verse will apparently never be available in my neighborhood. I am considering switching to cable internet, but I really hate the cable company. However, they offer much faster connection speeds.

UPDATE 31-JAN-2013

Still no changes. 3 mbps service is still good, while 6 mbps is no longer offered to me. I cannot get U-Verse service, either.

UPDATE: 7-FEB-2011

Not much has changed since my 2009 update. I'm still using the old Westell 6100 and I still have a solid connection. No news is good news, I guess.

UPDATE: 20-DEC-2009

Motorola 2210 burned up and I replaced it with old Westell 6100; connection is now very reliable. Speeds are very good for my service level. AT&T switched to Yahoo! web mail and it is really awful. I am now using a paid web host for my email service. Tech Support is also awful - when you call with a problem, they want to talk about and do anything except something to do with your problem.

UPDATE: 5-Sep-2008

I had to go back to Extreme 3. 6 dropped sync too often. The good news is that I stayed on ADSL 2 instead of g.dmt and my connection is now very stable.

UPDATE: 13-Feb-2008

After years of waiting, I was finally able to order Extreme 6 service. First speed test gave 5119 down and 424 up.

I gave up on the email and went to a paid email host. Bellsouth's spam filtering lets through too many spams and filters out too many good messages, so I was spending all my time separating my email.

member for 13.6 years, 6022 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
scottwn

join:2004-06-07
Birmingham, AL

AT&T

I have just done the same thing in Hoover. I was paying about $80 a month for 18mb Uverse...now I'm getting twice the speed for half the cost.

Review by CrippleFight See Profile

Overall "its ok so far"

·WOW Internet and..
works fine

member for 12.7 years, 2346 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by dandeman See Profile

• Location: Chapel Hill,Orange,NC
Good "Continues to be reliable 6mb DSL to 6mb U-Verse HSI"
Bad "None."
Overall "Very reilable service."

Service continues to be very reliable. I suspect I may be getting some benefit from the fact that I believe the node I'm served by also supports some business critical users. During the recent ice storm and multi-day loss of power, they got the emergency generators to the site to keep it up and running before the batteries expired.

6mb U-Verse HSI is a vast improvement for me over the old 6mb DSL (bellsouth era, ATM Network). It had got to the point it was impossible to stream any video (youtube, etc) over the old DSL any time except in the morning when backbone loading is lighter. With the U-Verse I can view videos during prime time without hic-cups.. Also the upstream speeds with 6mb offering are around 766kbps versus 512kbps.. important for access to my home automation/security system.

04/01/13 Update: got the email notice that my old (BellSouth era) 6.0mb DSL service was going to go from $43 to $46 per month.. Checked and found U-Verse HSI is now available at my location and decided it was time to upgrade.

Put the order in on 3/26 got the NVG510 on 3/29 with 4/01 as the planned installed date.. Tech called Monday that he was coming out to switch over the line at the DSLAM and came to the house to replace the NID, which was quite old.. Tested to make sure the line was good and waited to see that the modem came up.. He really went the extra mile and tested the line again through the home run inside the house to make sure everything was clean..

Excellent install experience, great tech!. I would only hope that AT&T management would appreciate that good techs can make all the difference in the world in how customers perceive the company.
-------------------------------
09/26/12 Update: About 3 weeks ago, my normally fast 6.0MB service started degrading to as low as 100-300 kilobit intermittently during the day.

I've been using VisualWare "My Connection Business Edition" Connection Analysis Software to see what is going on.... So far I've seen ATT backbone routers with up to 77% packet loss, excessive IP Forced Idles, depending on the route taken through ATTs backbone network.. At other times performs very close to rated speed I'm paying for.. I hope this isn't permanent for ATTs remaining DSL customers..

03/04/12 Update: My local DSLAM has been upgraded... was able to upgrade to 6mb down/512kb DSL; new IP-DSLAM (or UVERSE, not sure which it will be) is on site... Tech support during upgrade was great. Connection reliability, tech support review ratings raised from experience.

11/10/11 Update: Dropping the ratings down over the ongoing intermittent connections errors with yahoo email.. Some could say well that's Yahoo's problem.. but AT&T has to get the credit for choice to outsource email to unreliable provider..

I switched my outgoing email service to DynDNS outbound mail hop for only 20 bucks a year, and secured gmail email names I like, in case I need to drop use of all my old bellsouth.net email accounts..

10/03/2010 Update: Email seems to have settled down and more or less works OK. Client email software still gets intermittent log in failure, but just ignore as I know it's timing/loading in their system.

EMail Servers are unreliable since changeover to Yahoo...

Connection is now rock solid since long term problem referenced below was fixed.

Only 3 line drops (in the normal range) since 5/29. No drops since 07/01/09 and counting.. 8MB download/512KB upload sync rate.. (capped in 1.5mb as that's the service I pay for.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After quite a long period of problematic disconnects, my DSL has gone back to rock solid since 5/29/09. Only 2 disconnects have occurred since then. Can't say for sure that is what fixed it, but I did see techs spending a good part of a day working out at my DSLAM 1/2 mile away.

My modem and local loop (at the house and down our private road) were not touched.. The local loop connections inside the telco cab/DSLAM which may have been worked on..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Local DSL Loop work just fine, but very frequent disconnects.

AT&T BellSouth is no longer in the rock solid category... There are periods that it is rock solid and then there will be periods (mostly weekends) that reoccuring PADT commands are sent to knock down connection....

Since my DSL modem is set up to automatically reconnect, it does so.. but sometimes it continually cycles through connects/disconnect sequences.. and then it will run rock solid other times..

I have IP address monitoring software so I have date and time stamps every time they knock down the dynamic IP connection.

Comments:

Review by Gilitar See Profile

• Location: Mobile,Mobile,AL
Good "Nothing good about it anymore"
Bad "AT&T refuses to upgrade fiber in the loop (FITL) systems...."
Overall "Slow overpriced antiquated service from a unreputable company!"

Update 3/6/14: AT&T strikes again! They have announced another rate increase! They have done NOTHING to earn a rate increase. The top speed that they can deliver is 6 mb down and 512 k up. $54 for 6 meg DSL in 2014! I'm contemplating disconnecting all together and just going without internet until Mediacom gets cable installed to my neighborhood. I've already terminated my AT&T wireless service and I'm itching to do the same with my home service.

Update 12/15/13: Experiencing slow downs at peak times. During these peak times I see speeds of 3 - 4.5 mbps. AT&T is of no help and at this point I am just waiting on Mediacom to start the expansion that they have confirmed to be in the works. Those of us stuck with the various flavors of fiber in the loop are stuck with pure garbage DSL service from this pitiful excuse of a company. Bottom line.... if AT&T doesn't have U Verse in your area and you have other options run like hell.

Update 9/24/13: Speeds are more consistent over the past month. I am averaging around 5 mbps down which is still pathetic in my opinion, not to mention the upload speed of 420kbps. AT&T better get their ass in gear... Mediacom has confirmed that they are building out our subdivision. If AT&T leaves us with fiber to the curb technology that is outdated and failing Mediacom will pick up the entire subdivision.

Update: Speeds have been wildly fluctuating for nearly a month. My download speeds range from 2 mbps to 5.5 mbps with 3 mbps being the norm. Keep in mind that I am paying for 6 mbps service. I'm sick and tired of AT&T and the endless problems I have with them. The problem lies with the crappy fiber to the curb system that they don't maintain anymore that they won't upgrade. They just continue to milk the situation and take the customer's hard earned money. Crappy service from a cheap ass company.

Update: Connection issues seem to be resolved. The bottom line is that 6 mb DSL simply doesn't cut it anymore. AT&T needs to look themselves in the mirror and ask if they even want to be in the wireline business anymore. If cable were an option I would have been gone years ago.

Frequent outages due to the Marconi DISC*S FTTC system that serves our subdivision. AT&T keeps replacing cards in the pedestal as they keep going out. GET OFF YOUR BUTT AT&T AND REPLACE THESE OLD SYSTEMS! It's no wonder AT&T customers by in large have a negative view of them.

member for 2.2 years, 569 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
lrreed

join:2012-10-12
Albany, GA

att disconnecting

go with actiontec model GT784WN $58 -63.00 on Amazon. Have not had disconnect since installing. If you don't have att password, call tech support, they suppilied it even though I am not using thier Moden/Router. Hope this helps some one. Will not work on u-verse, only 2wire

David
hours are m-th 1130-10p central
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

if you need help

Post in the direct forum, we can work on it.
copycat

join:2011-08-28
Tucker, GA

AT&T DSl

Yes it sux, in general. Slow, lags, disconnects, unbelievable. My Clearwire wireless broadband performs batter than AT&T crappy DSL.
sbken

join:2002-03-09
Etowah, NC

1 recommendation

ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

I've had nothing but miserable experience with ATT DSL. My speed is "capped" at 1.3 MB/s (on a good day) because their equipment is at maximum capacity and they have no intention to upgrading. My neighbor dropped their ATT DSL a year ago and recently requested reestablishment of DSL service. ATT refused claiming that "the loop is full" We have no other options in our remote location. I called the ATT President's Office and asked if ATT wasn't required to supply a minimum if DSL service - thinking about my neighbor. The unbelievably arrogant answer was the "Internet service is not guaranteed by the Constitution." I've frequently asked when U-Verse service would be available to me and was told that they had no plans to expand the service in my area. Obviously ATT would rather we just go away.

said by sbken:

It's almost like they were "baiting" you into cancelling your service with that response. As a matter of fact I think they were.

If I were you I would send a return receipt requested snail mail to the CEO , Mr. Randall Stephenson and let him know about this behavior.

I've heard a lot of things but this came from the execitive offices and in any circumstances is NOT ACCEPTABLE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

Randall, you really need to monitor this site because it appears that you have NO clue about the OUTRAGEOUS behavior of your employees.
sbken

join:2002-03-09
Etowah, NC

Re: ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

Being a persistent cuss I've already sent snail mails to my two Senators, the FCC and the FTC. The FTC replied with a form letter, telling me they'll save my letter in their secure database. (Oh wow!) The FCC, as they have done previously, did not reply but sent a copy of my letter to the ATT President's office. As has happened before, the same "gentleman" in the President's office called me and apologized from speaking to me in a condescending manner. He did not promise any improvement to or resolution of the original problem. This afternoon I received a telephone call from one of the Senator's office in Washington, DC and the aide informed me that they were aware of the third-world quality of the U.S. internet. They were working with the FCC to draft new legislation to mandate improved internet service but that ATT and the other major carriers are fighting them. Nevertheless, he said that they might see some improvements/changes in the few couple of years. Don't hold your breath.

P.S. A few years ago I received a thinly-veiled email threat from ATT warning me that that had the authority of terminate my service if I took "harassing" action. They provided a long list of what they considered harassment conditions - obscenity, threats, etc. I've engaged in none of those actions. But they implied that other actions on my part could result in termination of service. So, a letter to Mr. Stephenson could be counter-productive. I'll wait to hear from my other Senator. But I don't expect any improvement in ATT Service in the foreseeable future.

said by sbken:

Sounds like someone in middle management is trying to prevent you from voicing your concerns to someone who can get something done ...like the CEO.

As long as your letter is respectful I see NO reason why you shouldn't let the CEO know about how his underlings are responding to those THAT PAY THEIR SALARIES!

The ONLY reason that other "gentleman" apologized for his behavior is because he knows that it was COMPLETELY UNacceptable behavior and is probably grounds for HIS TERMINATION, if the CEO knew about it. Which the CEO SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS BEHAVIOR.

The critical thing is that you must send that letter
"return receipt requested, to be opened ONLY by Mr. Randall Stephenson CEO of ATT. "

Re: ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

The problem with AT&T is management. They are completely uncoordinated. It's a classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. The best thing that could happen is for the wireline business to be spun off.

tigerpaw509

join:2011-01-19

Re: ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

Soon as they find a buyer with $1 trillion dollars it's sold.
They want 100% wireless and cant wait to drop all landlines.

Re: ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

The imagined unending profit goldmine with wireless won't last forever, considering how the main street economy is stumbling more than even now, (wages stagnant or dropping due to inflation) price of staples going up, gas ect...most consumers are at the tipping point of what they can afford to spend on NONessential items, and internet is one of them.

DataRiker
join:2002-05-19

1 recommendation

Re: ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

Anything Randall Stephenson can do for another steak dinner.

ATT is the absolute bottom of the dumpster.

said by DataRiker:

ATT is the absolute bottom of the dumpster.

Quoted for the truth. I'm stuck with them and hate every minute of it until Mediacom decides they want to service our neighborhood.

Danny

@bellsouth.net

Re: ATT DSL is NOT interested in your concerns!

ever since about oct-2012, from 3pm to 9-10pm our ping goes up by outrageous rates. i try speedtests, and the throttling holds us steady "within our payment plan range" but the connection is intermittent overall.

every day my sons complain about how they cant play their games because their lag is so horrible because of the high pings.

customer support is NO HELP because as i said we're "within our accepted range for our payment plan"

such utter BS.

ronny4067

@sbcglobal.net

ATT DSL

As some of you have stated, at&t is 'not' interested in providing adsl service over copper network. It is trying it's best to get rid of all it's copper that will not support u_verse. U-verse and wireless is what at&t wants to continue to provide, because it has no, or very little, government oversight. at&t shopped it's copper network several year's ago but no one was interested. If your on copper and outside the range of U-verse, good luck. If your state regulates the copper network, ie goergia's PSC, that is your only hope. good luck!!!!

biotech

@66.249.113.x

Change your DSL provider

Instead of whining about Ma Bell's prices for DSL service, why don't you TRY to change providers such as DSLExtreme or any CLEC DSL Provider since they have much friendlier prices ($19 for 6mbps internet with renewable contract for DSLExtreme) and that they are MUCH wiling to help customers who know about this website.

said by biotech :

There are NO other options at my address.
SuperTech

join:2014-03-21

What area are you in?

said by SuperTech:

What area are you in?

I'm in far west Mobile. My neighborhood was built in 2005 and wired with the newest version of FTTC. It's a simple matter of AT&T not caring to upgrade the electronics in these systems.

SuperTech

@144.160.226.x
Maybe try getting in touch with a local guy.. Could be line issues.

said by SuperTech :

Maybe try getting in touch with a local guy.. Could be line issues.

Something strange just happened. Southern Light has been running fiber on the poles in my to the area close to my serving RT and the latency and speeds suddenly got better. I wonder if Southern Light is providing fiber for AT&T in some instances?

Review by Tekman222ps See Profile

• Location: Jackson,Butts,GA
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "consistent speeds and uptime"
Bad "none"
Overall "Great Service, no real problems"

Over the last 5 years, I have had 1.5, 3.0, 6.0, and now back to 3.0 since I moved to a new location that does not yet support 6.0 service. Through it all, and with all tiers of speeds the service has been rock solid. The few times that I did encounter a loss of sync were dealt with promptly.

Update 07/09 - Still going strong. Supplied modem (Motorola) died, replaced with a Netopia and all is good...

Update 8/6/11 - Still no issues - as reliable as ever although with my current position at my job (I work remotely) - the 150GB cap is going to be hard to manage. Unfortunately I do not have any other options at this time

Update 10/23/12 - Still no issues - wish I could get faster speeds.....

Update 2/26/13 - Still wishing for faster speeds - no other options at my address. I am stuck in the slow age

member for 10.5 years, 4477 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
MoneyT8

join:2014-02-16
united state

Choices

You don't have any other choices? How about Time Warner or Comcast? I have uverse max 12/2 and haven't had any issues so far with the 250gb data cap.

Review by GSTEXEC1 See Profile

• Location: Fort Pierce,Saint Lucie,FL
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Fast at getting service setup initially"
Bad "When U-Verse was installed in area all DSL Services went to pot..."
Overall "No Upgrade and no support after U-verse in Area..."

Signed up for service FastAccess DSL 6.0m in August 2008. Had the modem and service setup in 5 days. After that it has been constant calls to technical support and at least 35 truck rolls to house to finally decide to cancel service today. 7/16/09. Had 2 different trucks at house today and the second one finally stated he replaced the card that provides service but can not explain why every time the phone ring or you pick up the phone to call the modem will lose sync. This happen at the nid with the house disconnected or if the house is connected.

It would appear to me that AT&T needs to work on the service aspect of this product at least in my area. I noticed that in the last 2 months they have started offering U-Verse in some ares where I live and it seams that FastAccess DSL has suffered since that time.

The customer support and technical people have been super for there help but the outside techs are of no help. This makes the whole company look bad.

I would recommend if you do sign up for service from AT&T in this area and have problems just cancel ASAP and do not waste your time calling then since the outside techs will not take the time to repair a problem.

******* UPDATE *** 12/17/09 Update after several calls from ATT to try the service again since they had replaced the main lines on a section of the poles that service my home I signed up for FastAccess DSL again and was surprised that it was much better at keeping connections. After talking to a friend about the 2Wire gateway he and several people told me to get a Westell gateway only to find out not available from ATT so I went on eBay and purchased a Westell 7500 Gateway for Verizon and set it up to find I have not had a disconnect for over 60 days. If I reconnect the 3Wire Gateway I get a lower sync rate and about every 5 days it reconnects at a slower sync. Reconnected the Westell Gateway and I have not had any problems except for DSL Support calling and saying that they cannot talk to my modem..

I will recommend ATT DSL for my area if you can get a Westell modem or Gateway.. Going from my experience..

*******UPDATE****** 2/14/10 My service continues to be the best. I still use the Westell DSL Gateway and have never lost the connection. ATT started installing the equipment for U-Verse and stated it would be about 6 mths till able to get service. This is due to their check out of lines, equipment and I understand and will wait for them to let me know service is available. I will enjoy getting rid of Comcast for cable tv.

******UPDATE*******6/6/10 About a month ago hookup ATT U-Verse for TV/Internet/Phone on one phone line have to say I love it. Technician ran new cat6 from nid to gateway and back for phone and all new rg6u to all tv's. The service is Great and I still have 2 ATT FastAccess DSL lines also with pots phone.

*******UPDATE****** 01/06/11 Have had U-Verse and 2 DSL Lines for a while but the dsl lines after 4:30pm till about 1am in the morning slow down to under 1m. Called support and was told both lines fine. Checked stats and they do not change any on the modems at the nid or inside. The pings go from 49-52ms yo 100-120ms when the slow down occurs. ATT sent 5 different tech to the house starting with Eco-Comm then BST techs all stating after replacing cards in dslam it was a network problem. I checked with about 10 neighbors who did not realize but the same slowdown occurring. This slowdown is all over the forums in every ATT area. Since also they plan to stop the bundle discount and in essence increase the dsl charges I have disconnected the 2 dsl lines and changed the pots service over to Comcast. In the past I was very unhappy with Comcast but they have upgraded the lines and installed DOSCIC3. For the same price as 1 dsl I now get 25/4 service from Comcast and has not changed a bit and 2 phone lines for less money than my ATT bill. Sorry for long winded update. Thanks

*******UPDATE******8/07/13 I presently have a 6m Fastaccess DSL line for backup it stays at 5.8m and no complaints. They replaced the drop to the house a while back and all problems went away. In my area Uverse is now pushed and no new hookups to dsl. I also have a new U-verse 45/5 Internet line and after install stays at 46/5.5. I have not had to call support in a long time so ups some of my rating.

*******UPDATE******1/11/14 I went online to pay bill and it stated I could upgrade so I clicked thru the link and was told UVerse was available in 18mb for $29.95 a month for 12 months, 12mb available for 24.95 a month for 12 months free install and modem on upgrade. so I clicked to add to cart and then the price changes to $44.95 a month for 12 months plus $199.99 install and modem so I called in. Was given an order for the 18mb $29.95 a month for 12 month and free install and modem. Then I receive a letter in the mail confirming order but was for 12mb for 36.95 a mointh for 12 months and no charge for install or modem. I posted in direct and ATT Exec esc called to let me know that no where on the site is the price I stated but I printed out the info and no change. Today I called and cancelled the uverse upgrade and my present AT&T DSL service since I called Comcast and they installed the 25mb internet service for $29.95 a month for 12 months. No install charge I have my own modem that I purchased at Staples for 19.95 on sale. So sometimes it is better to just change service than try to stay with AT&T.

Comments:

Review by maestro7 See Profile

• Location: Loganville,Walton,GA
Good "Overall, steady service"
Bad "Lately, something's been physically impacting the line"
Overall "Can't upgrade DSL, hoping U-Verse becomes available, else have to go elsewhere for service"

·DIRECTV
Since we've been at our present address, we've had a few issues with AT&T
DSL, but overall it had been pretty good.

Two strikes against us, though:

1. Home is just far enough away from the CO (Central Office) that we cannot
get anything higher than 3.0MBps downstream;
2. U-Verse is not yet provisioned for our area (though another node -- we
once found it -- is provisioned for it, but on a different downstream line,
though only about 1.5 miles away from the house).

Then, back on 6/15/2011 when major rain storms came through eastern Atlanta,
the DSL sync light on my Netgear router/modem (excellent device, BTW) began
going down every 15 minutes for about 15 seconds and then back up. I called
this in and (probably "of course") they saw no apparent problems on the
line, opened a ticket, and had me call back if the problem persisted.

Then today, with a day off, my son and I attempted to watch a couple of
kid's movies on Netflix, which kept getting interrupted due to buffering
issues. Netflix's customer support was excellent, even letting me know just
how much the download speed was all over the map -- from between 0.5MBps to
2.xMBps. Therefore, I decided to call AT&T about it.

At first, 1 out of every 5 speed tests using AT&T's speed tester came back
with the same types of results as what NFLX saw. After some prodding of the
CSR (though not much, as she eventually volunteered me to the supervisor),
they finally attempted to reprovision the DSL line to a different
speed/sound noise profile (the CSR kept wanting me to reboot my PC in "F8"
mode (Safe Mode), and I kept asking her why, especially when my PS3, my
iPhone and my PC were all showing the same results, meaning it either had to
be the router or the network, per se). They reprovisioned, made the
situation worse, backed down to the original profile, and now my speeds are
affected 50% percent of the time (left worse than to begin with).

They are sending out a tech sometime tomorrow afternoon. I hope this fixes
the issue, as they've had to mess with a local break-out box on a previous
call and supposed had to "borrow" an extra line or channel just to get us
operational again.

Update/new review when the job completes...

Update - 12/27/2013:

All issues had since cleared.

While this has been a steady service over the years, the wife and I have had it being unable to share bandwidth at the 3 Mbps level.

I will next be reviewing Comcast HSI, which shall now relegate DSL to purely a backup service until such time as my wife is OK with canceling it (she has consistently despised anything cable, but our need for more bandwidth is trumping her hatred).

After several checks with AT&T both in person and online, there is absolutely no indication if or when U-verse will be deployed to our address. We'd really prefer U-verse as the only viable alternative to DirecTV.

Comments:

Catmando
join:2002-10-22
Anderson, IN

impedance, impedance, impedance

You need nid splitter or cat5 directly from you network interface to you DSL Gateway.
This will cut down on loss packages and increase line speeds. Also ask to be put on a Interleave profile this will compensate for any additional lost packages further increasing your line speed.
maestro7

join:2004-08-31
Loganville, GA

Re: impedance, impedance, impedance

Hi, Catmando:

While I appreciate the response, and since ATT DSL/U-verse will likely never achieve any significant speeds in our area (I can't even upgrade back to 3Mbps since we downgraded to 768k as a backup solution presently), we're now enjoying Comcast HSI at 50+ Mbps with no latency, ping or other issues at this time.

Thanks.

join:2002-10-22
Anderson, IN

Re: impedance, impedance, impedance

That sounds awesome. In this economy you have to do what's going to benefit yourself. I'm happy to hear you made the best choice.

Review by tnewton See Profile

• Location: Louisville,Jefferson,KY
Good "best price for the speed"
Bad "will not support my VOIP phone; horrible tech support "
Overall "SWITCHING form Uverse despite just getting it!"

U-Verse

Called support because VOIP would not work. My company tells me they've had problems with AT&T Uverse. Unbeliaveable. They'd promise call backs and did not. Gave my account number 5 times during the same 30 minute conversation. Their VOIP area is for businesses only. I have spent more than 2 hours on the phone with someone directly with no resolution other than it must be the phone (that works for all our other remote employees).

Comments:

SysOp

join:2001-04-18
Douglasville, GA

UVERSE = Bonded DSL

Do you know how to open ports on your router? Do you know how to setup a VOIP phone system? If not, it may be user error.

Review by kdjo See Profile

• Location: Knoxville,Knox,TN
Good "Decent downstream speed."
Bad "Some streaming services seem to not buffer correctly. Router is better than I expected."
Overall "I've only had it two weeks and will update when/if I can work the bugs out."

I have internet only Uverse (no TV or phone) 24/3

Comments:

Review by Gizmo See Profile

• Location: Palm Coast,Flagler,FL
Good "Fast & reliable connection and it was a prompt & efficient installation..."
Overall "Awesome - good bang for the buck....!"

I have been with BellSouth ADSL ( now AT&T) since 1999 and I have had nothing but good reliable service! I've only had to call tech support several times and they have, for the most part, been responsive to my questions.

I'm at 80% of the advertised speed of 3000kbps down/384kbps up.

AT&T replaced my 2Wire modem with an Netgear 7550 modem free of charge and no contract. I will eventually move to U-Verse.

I'm having a great time, great speed, and great overall service. Still no complaints from me after 14 years!

member for 13.6 years, 5482 visits, last login: a few hours ago