Internet Junction Corp page on DSLReports

• Location: New Port Richey,Pasco,FL
Good "In Cleawater started off very good best in the business"
Bad "Last say 5 months little to no upload speed"
Overall "Bad service down time with verizon no credit/ lost me phone access cost increased for me internet dead slow"

Up until several months ago I would have recommended and recommend
Internet Junction to any one. Several months ago up to five months ago
my connection to the internet slowed great download 1MB up at a varying
.08KB to .13 KB I paid for 384-568 KB. I had a VOiP and the calls
became choppy at best most of the times the calls went out only to be
unable to speak with the other party i could hear them fine. As
internet Junction had been so good it was last on my list. We bought a
home in New Port Richey I asked do you folks service that area they
checked and yes. Bigger problems started here. I know the lines are
old. The Verizon tech advised me in both locations. In May 2010
Verizon was offline for 5 days no internet no phone no refund either
from Internet Junction. I asked billing for one and got a resounding NO.
Again they had been great in the past and Tech support was good very
good. Phone quality continued to decrease and the Internet slowed to a
crawl. For Example a game on Face Book Mafia wars was taking me several
hours just to get the gifts and play as opposed to now with Bright house
and average of 15 minutes I have a huge mafia. Emailing Skype
checking the sound programs no problems everything was fine finaly I did
a speed test at several sites Verizon, Speakeasy etc I used several and
one at a VOIP site to see if your connection could sustain a VOiP call
that came back exactly what I was experiencing dropped calls no voice on
my end. Great Download speed up load nearly non existing. from .08 KB to
.13 just before I had it. Bottom line i paid for both download and up
load ahead of time. Verizon could not repair it. At all they they called
and told me it was fixed they were yelling on my phone hello can you
hear me it's fixed. I could hear her yelling she could not hear me at
all. She tried again later that evening same results. We are still
working on it, meanwhile five months of Voip charges I could not use I
did not have the bandwidth. choppy at best.to hear me i had to yell and
they got maybe every 3rd word on a good connection. Again no upload
speed. The final straw came I was calling to get and update as they did
not bother calling me I guess I ruined there record. They WERE great.
I got Taylor apparently a one person shift who told me just keep calling
on my cell phone to find out when a service that was prepaid by me just
call us back and find out. I had paid for this. I decided that s it
after nearly 5 years with them I had to cut my losses and try to recover
three months back on a dispute with my bank. Inn the process. I was told
by Taylor to send back the modem with the Ethernet cord I had changed it
to a new one but had the old one and the power supply. I sent it USPS
$7.59 Sean verified its arrival and I had the post office to a delivery
confirmation. I had paid for the entire month credit on the card no at
all. If you live in an area that has fairly new lines say post 1985 i
would have said go with them. . In an older line area avoid them and
Verizon like the plague. My verizon cell usage went up i only have a
modest plan, So 30 bucks extra there , 60 bucks lost on VOiP and slow
crawling slow internet. No empathy no apologies and no refunds offered.
I see this has happened before earlier on the board same area. If they
knew the area was not good advise me.I would have thanked them and still
thought highly of them. I know pay more for Internet and Phone but 30
bucks more but I get online it works it's fast I pick up the phone a
dial tone. I call customer service with a set up issue they are there
24/7. Bright House works. The customer service is very good.
I am on a fixed income and can't throw money away. Sign me

Disabled Vet who got stung by the so called "BEST" is it true in all
situations no way in this particular one as of late very bad. In good
conscience I will not recommend Internet Junction and DSL to any one.
EVER your lines are aging every day.

(review was emailed from domain tampabay.rr.com,)

Comments:

Review by rec9140 See Profile

• Location: Ellenton,Manatee,FL
Good "Quick Install Ready to go! Top speed 3M/338K"
Overall "A+ Smooth Install Ready to go from the get go!"

As a 3 year ISDN customer, I finally grew tired of Verizon(x-GTE) foot dragging and lack of interest in improving their facilities for xDSL in my area.More new homes more new NON DSL RT's and SLC's. URRGH! I despise cable companies with a passion, so what to do? Sat latency for VOIP applications rules that out. No xDSL, ISDN only from ILEC. Cable modem, eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww cable. A solution, INTERNET JUNCTION! I am a IJ subsriber not a BrightHouse not a RoadRunner. Ok, its SPLITTING hairs, but it works for me. I technically am IJ's subscriber, not BH/RR. So I can live with it. Install was quick and easy, and they were EARLY to the install. Once installed plugged into my waiting USR 8022 wifi cable/dsl router. Instant IP pull, and update. Speed test showed a 3188/383. News is pulling down from Usenet (not ij's nntp server, other subscribed service) feeds great. NO BLOCK ON OUTBOUND Port 25 so I can use MY email servers again. My mail is sent from my hosted domains not the ISP's. Also allows me to use my spam catch/public addresses with their SMTP server. So bottom line I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IJ.NET to ANY Tampa Bay area customers, especially DBS/Dish customers like me who hate cable companies. (I know its a fine split on this but it works for me.) Toshiba PCX2000/DAZ8820F modem, dynamic IP for FYI. As will be observed in the rating for Install Co-Ord.. I have only one and very small gripe. I don't use a regular public phone number for any thing that is recorded with any one utilities, banks, work, no one, but family gets a real local phone number. I use a 800# to all non family. It took a little extra push to get them to understand that yes I use only a 800# and to call me back to setup the install. Otherwise I give IJ.NET A+++++++++++++++++++

As of 10/15/06 BH has decided to end the ability of IJ.net to offer cable services. BOOO! I don't have an exact reason why and none was provided by either company. xDSL is not available so I am stuck with the cable till Fios finally makes it too me. I personally would rather have a reason why this decision was made and by whom. I have my own guesses and thats all they are, so I will refrain from posting. Come on FIOS!

member for 11.5 years, 2691 visits, last login: 5.6 years ago

Comments:

Review by mikepd See Profile

• Location: New Port Richey,Pasco,FL
Good "Ordered via Web Friday Night, Installed next Tuesday"
Overall "local ISP a bit less per month over Bright House lines"

I wanted a backup line in the event my 3/768 DSL line went down as my wife uses the Internet for her college studies and I will be doing that as well this summer. I have a ZyXEL ZyWALL Z-70 dual WAN router with load balancing, fail-over capability and Internet Junction is a local ISP that uses Bright House lines.

The initial speed offering was 3/384 but after the first of January 2005, Bright House increased the download to 5/384 with no increase in cost. Internet Junction suits my needs perfectly with no problems and I am a very satisfied customer.

UPDATE- I first got the line in March, 2004 and with the exception of a 20 hour weather related period, there have been no outages whatsoever in service. Considering it took a hurricane to knock out the cable, I have no complaints at all and remain very satisfied with my choice.

member for 14.2 years, 5051 visits, last login: 1.8 years ago

Comments:

Review by jdk3 See Profile

• Location: Lutz,Hillsborough,FL
  • Telco party Verizon (ex GTE)
  • CLEC party: Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "Very stable connection, relatively good routes, good price"
Bad "None that I can think of"
Overall "If you're looking for bussiness class DSL with static IP's, check out IJ"

I was formerly a verizon dsl customer (Which was also relatively good service, but thats another review), and I needed business class DSL (IE: multiple static IP's , 768/768 service, etc), so I switched over to IJ. The switch over went relatively smoothly (except verizon forgot to switch my service over to IJ on the date it was supposed to happen..*OOPS*), with all things on IJ's end handled well. All the guys over there have been very helpful, and I have not had to talk to them with problems for nearly 6 months. There were some initial problems with speed, which turned out to be a bad DSL modem (I had it almost 3 years), but again thats on verizon's end of things. I ordered the 768/768 direct service with 13 static IP's, which means you have to either run your own mail server or use someone else's. I run DNS, http, smtp, pop3, etc etc for quite a few users, and I trust IJ's dsl service for business use (I've been connected to an IRC server for nearly a month, and I'm sure alot of you know how hard it is to keep an IRC connection ..They've done quit a few things for me very quickly, such as changing reverse DNS records for me on some of my IP's, and they setup their DNS server as a slave for my domains without me even asking. All in all, good service. It was a little bumpy in the beginning (I guess it always is with phone companys), but in the end I'm happy with the service.

member for 12.3 years, 22 visits, last login: 11.6 years ago

Comments:

Review by pd01 See Profile

• Location: Seminole,Pinellas,FL
  • Telco party Verizon (ex GTE)
  • CLEC party: Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "So far the easiest service I had to deal with in regards to set up. Quick and they answered the phone"
Bad "None yet"
Overall "I have never had a company answer the phone in less than a minute when I call with questions, I am so far impressed"

Here goes another story from start til??? with me ordering DSL.

I had Speakeasy.net (1.5 down/384 up) for about 5 months (since Jan), and was not happy. I could not get in touch with support and if I did by email, it took days to get an answer. Their nearest pop was still to far, and the network was slow.

I also had cable modem with Time Warner RR, and it was plenty fast most of the time, and once I upgraded to RR business class, I got up to 4 MBS down and 500 kbs up!
I moved from one apartment to another and found out they do not let me have Time Warner in these new buildings since they are wired to a private cable/internet system owned by the apartment communite (bummer!). I was waiting for this new crap company WaKul (the cable and internet company for this propery now) to install the T-1 here, but it is taking them forever and a day, and they lie constantly about the date the cable and internet will be up, but that is another review...

I contacted Verizon business DSL, and from the start I got immediate answers and immediate replies. I am qualified for, and ordered the 7.1 Mbs down/768 Kbs up service, and was told that Verizon does not currently support that as an ISP, so I need to choose one. It is a business class service, but I got it on a business line in my home...
I choose to call Internet Junction. Believe it or not, they answered in about 10 seconds and set up my account, and got my circuit ID in about 5 minutes! I choose their $99 package for the speed I wanted (7.1 / 768) and a dynamic IP for now. I sent the info to verizon (I am dealing with my rep by email now) and that's it! I can't believe how easy this has been so far compared to my other experiences with calling DSL providers. I see that IJ has good service according to the other reviewers. I can't wait to say the same about them, and so far I can. Ordered 6/12 and target install date 7/13/01

***UPDATE***
Install was exactly on 7/13 as promised. I got the modem from Verizon on that day, plugged it in, called Internet Junction (They answered the phone within 2 minutes) and the guy had me online in about 4 minutes.

Speed you ask?????

Well, I had Business Class cable service from Timewarner... doesn't come close in download speed. I consistently get about 2400-4500 kbs down at most test sites. Up is about 500-700 all the time as well. The speed is very consistent, and very good quality connection. Let me put it this way, I have access to a T-1 here in my Apartment, and I have tested both and do so regularly, this DSL line rocks!

It you have the dough... spend some mo and get this package!

Comments:

Review by rjpchelp See Profile

• Location: Saint Petersburg,Pinellas,FL
  • Telco party Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "Good coordination between Internet Junction and Verizon"
Bad "Download Speed fluctuates from 300K to 1.1M (usually 600-700K)"
Overall "Good value, excellent technical support from Internet Junction"

Had been a business DSL customer of GTE (now Genuity) for 1 1/2 years (768/128), with good service but high cost ($140/month).

Called Internet Junction to change to their 1500/128 DSL, DHCP IP, $16.95/month plus Verizon line charge, new monthly cost about $49.

ISP was changed the next day, Verizon changed circuit information in 2 days. New Email account took about a week. (I already had all equipment: Fujitsu DSL Modem with a SonicWall Firewall)

Now the problems, Verizon made the wrong line speed change and my performance was 60K down and 700K up. Internet Junction was able to identify the problem and coordinate with Verizon to correct the problem quickly. Verizon took a few days to reconfigure the line speed, while this was happening, Internet Junction was able to temporarily change my signal back to 768/128 while Verizon reconfigured the circuit, after Verizon made the correct change, IJ was able to change it back to 1.5/128 within an hour.

I used DSL Reports speed test along with NetPerSec (from ZDNET) to verify my performance problems which helped IJ with their diagnosis.

member for 13.6 years, 11 visits, last login: 13.5 years ago

Comments:

Review by ronnie44 See Profile

• Location: Seminole,Pinellas,FL
  • Telco party Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "Excellent response from Internet Junction tech support. They really try to resolve problems!"
Bad "Old phone lines shared with business T-1 lines. UndeNzc0und lines 25 years old."
Overall "Even the best ISP can't do anything about poor phone lines."

The service has been unreliable, on a steady basis, for the past year. Speeds vary greatly. Since I do a lot of day trading on the stock market, an unreliable internet connection can cost me money. Phone company technician tried his best to find a good pair, but since my phone lines are part of a T-1 shared with numerous businesses, the quality of my service is limited. Verizon has said several times that my lines are not the best, but they have no plans to change the 25 year old 26guage wires. While Verizon tech was here, 5 speed tests were run withina span of 15 minutes. Speed varied from 129kps to 575kps, with the system dropping off completely at one time. Technician sgnt out was a phone tech with limited DSL knowledge. Historically problem gets worse when it rains. It hasn't rained in a month, so I don't have much to look forward to. The sad part is that the tech response from Internet Junction and Verizon has been outstanding, however, they seem to be dealing with a problem that can only be corrected with new phone lines. Verizon is offering DSL service to customers using old phone lines that were never designed for that purpose. They installed a new box and lines from my house to their junction box, but from there on, the best they could do was to try to locate the best pair that they could.

Comments:

Review by tk33781 See Profile

• Location: Pinellas Park,Pinellas,FL
Good "Best Ever!"
Overall "Good value for everyday user"

I have been a subscriber of IJ.net for over five years as a dial-up. I
switched to DSL last December (2000) through IJ.net. They arranged for
the DSL line from Verizon. I have had really good service from both
IJ.net & Verizon. Only had one outage and that was corrected promptly.
Speeds are good for me. Tech support from IJ.Net has been usually excellent.

Comments:

Review by Megamike See Profile

• Location: Riverview,Hillsborough,FL
  • Telco party Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "Almost on time service, works as expected"
Bad "One day late...Big deal"
Overall "Excellent service from both IJ and Verizon"

On September 15th I received an e-mail from Internet Junction telling me about a ADSL special (I was a ISDN customer) they had, 768 down, 128 up, Dynamic for 39.95 a month. Which included the monthly fee for Verizon (GTE). This would mean a savings to me of about $50 a month. I maintained ISDN as a back up to my Roadrunner service, due to my work.

On the 18th I called and order the service from Internet Junction (IJ). I was told right up front that there was going to be about a 30-day delay in activation due to Verizons inability to keep up with demand.

On September 27th I received a forwarded e-mail from IJ that they got from Verizon showing my activation date of 10/13/2000. No big deal I have my Roadrunner, my ISDN, I am in business.

October 13th rolls around and no service. At around 1pm I call IJ to get a status; they did not know it but would call Verizon to find out. I get a call back within an hour telling me that is to be up by 5pm. Now I have been dealing with Verizon/GTE for years on Frame relay and ISDN, so I though sure, ok.

At 4pm I called Verizon, sure enough the screwed up. They miss routed my order and then miss wired it. I was told that it would be fixed by 7:17pm the following day. At 12:30pm it was on and not only that I had a tech on the phone (calling me) at 2:30 to make sure it was working, and if I had any problems to call him directly, he gave me his cell phone number!

Out of a five star rating I would have to give Verizon 4 and half. I give Internet Junction 5 stars; if you are in the Tampa Bay area and want DSL they are one of the good ones to call.