ISOMEDIA page on DSLReports

• Location: Renton,King,WA
Good "Very good service and cost effective"
Overall "Will continue to add service locations with them"

We use Isomedia for our 11 retail locations our service with them includes
DSL circuits and also we are using there VOIP service. We have been a
customer for approximately 15 years and have been very happy with their
sales and support staff. We have multiple store managers and sales staff
call them and they are very quick to answer questions and help set up email
and so forth. One of the best things we have done from a time management
standpoint is put all over our Broadband and Communications services with
them. Saved us a ton of time and energy in the form of billing and customer
service. Our speeds are good and consistent and when we transferred our
landlines to their VOIP service was smoother than I thought it would have
been. Hope this helps if anyone is looking into their service thanks.

(review was emailed from domain pagecom.net)

Comments:

ryanhell078

join:2013-01-21
Federal Way, WA

So far, so good (Federal Way/South King County, WA State)

I live near Dash Point and Pacific Hiway South. My options seemed hopeless. I had three options primarily, Comcast, Century Link, and Clear. I have had all three and had some mixed reviews that I will spare here.

Immediately looking at the options on DSLreports I seen some possibilities that were not advertised anywhere else, WIN for this site! The first place I called was Fox Communications, the rep seemed sleepy and casual, not at all like a pushy commission based Comcast rep, or Century Link Dink'. I liked that. After a few questions the agent revealed that they were a subsidiary of ISOMedia, a company I never heard of. I did some research and found they have a "near perfect" feedback and review profile on multiple sites. They did offer service here, and Fios, AT&T, etc did not. That was a go for me. I called the 800 number and talked to John, the account sales rep. John was not pushy and answered all of my questions reasonably and honestly.

John offered me two packages in the desired 7 meg range I requested. The first was for D-TV (150 channels) + 7 meg DSL for 75.00/month. The second was a 7 meg DSL for 54.99. Initial setup cost 19.99, lower than anyone else. I passed on the D-TV bundle since it required a two year contract and we will be relocating to NYC in 6 months. There is no contract for the DSL package and they said my Century Link modem should work. Activation is scheduled for sometime in the next 2-5 business days, again standard and reasonable.

I am leaving Comcast (for the second time in two years) because they haggle me with promotion periods that require exhaustive customer service interaction just to obtain a reasonable fee. They also shove tons of crap down our pockets, when ALL we need is internet. I had the basic cable package, it was bundled with HS internet, and to be truthful and honest the channels were WORSE than the antenna I bought at Walmart for 20.00 gets us. I am annoyed by it and have long since disconnected the cable apparatus' to unclutter my entertainment center. Its a joke, just like the VoIP phone is a joke too that most ISP's seem to "bundle".

As a Cum Laud IT Networking grad and seasoned IT architect, I have to say that ISP's have really started cramming steep prices and useless "extras" upon consumers.

ISOmedia so far has been hands on, casual and honest. I did like their Facebook Fan Page, and it was very, very modest. There were a number of expected, and typical technical concerns posted by customers there, which I was very pleased to see the ISOMedia team addressing promptly, personally, and effectively.

THAT'S what I am looking for. No hard sells, no bs, no haggling, no promo's, no "catch us IF you can" customer service practices.

Review by isomediasuxx See Profile

• Location: Issaquah,King,WA
Good "good tech support"
Bad "slow internet service. frequent disconnects (especially at night)"
Overall "if you want reliability don't use this company as your ISP"

this is supposed to be fiber-to-home, but if you look at the tracert to Google you'll wonder if I am on dialup :

Tracing route to px-in-f147.1e100.net [74.125.155.147]

9 140 ms 158 ms 164 ms 64.233.174.131
10 167 ms 129 ms 143 ms 209.85.254.146
11 207 ms 204 ms 144 ms px-in-f147.1e100.net [74.125.155.147]

Trace complete.

see that second line - that's ISOMEDIA !
It's been like this all day long - Netflix streaming was impossible, online gaming was impossible, using the web has been slow and unreliable.
It's been so bad that I am researching a switch to Comcast.

P.S. they charge $5 for a static IP ! without that static IP it's impossible to receive incoming traffic - that means I can't remotely connect to my home computer when I am on the road. Comcast gives a static IP for free.

Comments:

Review by Luka1 See Profile

• Location: Index,Snohomish,WA
Good "It's there when my wireless broadband fails."
Bad "See my review."
Overall "I keep it for the email address, and so I have some kind of backup if/when the verizon wireless broadband fails. That's all."

·Frontier Communi..
Since this company merged with another national company, I have gotten email spam out the wazzoo.

Spam that is targetted not only to words in the header of the email, but targetted more to what is actually contained in the email itself.

I have lost all perception of email privacy, with Isomedia.

That being only a perception in the first place, of course, but one that most ISP's including this one, -used- to try to nurture, and indeed, pretty much made to be true.

~~~

They have also put a cap on the number of hours you can be online.

If you want to go over that cap, you have to pay 70 dollars a month.

Come ON, folks, this is dialup !

You have GOT to be online for an hour, to get as much done, as someone on broadband, (which costs way less than 70 dollars a month), can do in about 30 seconds to a minute.

And you want to -limit- how long someone can be on there ?

One last...

I asked for a VERY simple change to the online email program.

I asked that they add a "To:" field, right after the "From:" field, so that I could tell at a glance when an email is not even addressed to me... And they tell me that that is impossible to do.

If you are going to be lazy and lie to me, at least do so, halfway convincingly.

~~~

If the Verizon wireless broadband were not so prone to failure, I would have no reason to keep this dialup service as backup.

Comments:

Review by aaronxeriton See Profile

• Location: Sammamish,King,WA
Good "Great pre-sales support and all around communication"
Bad "Process took a while and minor technical glitch right at the end"
Overall "Affordable, scalable connection with great support"

This was actually a downgrade of our internet connection to a slower, cheaper service. The economy being what it is, I was asked if there was any way to shave some costs on our internet service. We were previously using a DS3 line from AT&T that also connected to ISOMEDIA for ISP duties. When I saw that we were using about 3Mbits on average I quickly realized that the DS3 was overkill.

As part of a larger survey of connection options I talked to our current ISP, ISOMEDIA, asking what we could do. They immediately let us know that we could save about $2000 a month by simply going from a fixed bandwidth purchase to a variable plan where we only paid for what we used. Without any change to our service level, ISOMEDIA had already saved us $24,000 a year.

We ended up deciding on the Qwest Metropolitan Optical Ethernet (QMOE). This is basically just your standard ethernet connection sent over a fiber line. We went with the 10Mbit line, but the technology scales all the way up to 100Mbit in both directions. The cost/Mbit is a little higher than some of the other options, but I really liked the scalability and wanted to say with our current ISP to minimize friction in the transition.

This was actually ISOMEDIA's first QMOE installation. A brand new fiber optic line had to be laid in the ground so it took a little bit. ISOMEDIA handled all of the communication between Qwest and our building owner to get the connection to the demarc and then sent their own guys out to run a CAT5 line from the demarc to our server closet.

Once all of the equipment was in place we scheduled the switch over from the DS3 to the QMOE. We were able to schedule it for after hours and the ISOMEDIA tech worked from home to do the switch. Unfortunately the first night we had problems. After about 5 minutes of working fine the new QMOE line would just stop sending data. We identified the problem to be the speed/duplex negotiation between our router and the QWEST Cisco switch. Once we hard coded the settings it worked fine. It was an unforseen problem that you sometimes have to expect when moving to a new technology.

One small gripe I have is that I wish they had a tech support line just for business customers. During the transition we started having problems with our DS3 and I had to call ISOMEDIA to see if they could help. The level 1 tech that I talked to was in over his head. He actually asked me if I had a router or if the "modem" was plugged directly into my PC. I had to explain to him that a DS3 doesn't have a modem.

Once I got through to the professionals the situation was handled well, but it was a bit of a stumbling block when the entire office's internet connection was down and minutes really matter.

Overall I was very impressed with ISOMEDIA's level of service and attentiveness. They worked as hard as they possibly could have for us, even though they are probably losing money on the deal. I would highly recommend them for any business customer.

Comments:

Review by megawhizz See Profile

• Location: Troy,Oakland,MI
Good "Great sales, good support."
Bad "Up/Dn speeds lower than expected"
Overall "Look elsewhere"

DESCRIPTION
Dry line DSL 3.0/768k, Static IP, PPPoE, Business plan

ORDERING: 3/15/07
The Isomedia website is quite bare, and their support reps told me that they keep it that way to encourage personal contact with the customers. Reps are very friendly, and knowledgeable about options available. They were able to assist me quickly.

INSTALLATION: 3/28/07
Some small quirks came up during the install process:
* First my request for an appointment in the PM was somehow forgotten, when I called again they were able to make the fix without delaying the installation.
* Covad tech arrived on time, and was able to get the service activated smoothly. However the line was configured for 3.0/384, not the 3.0/768 that I ordered. He suggested I contact Isomedia for a fix, which I did - am currently waiting to hear from them.
* Per the Covad tech I was supposed to supply my own modem, and he was not going to bring me one - I had to call isomedia (3 times, before I got to the right person) who spoke to the tech and "authorized" him to leave me a modem (Broadxent 8120).

SERVICE
Speed is very good! 2487/325 kbps - hopefully the upload speed will rise once the provisioning is fixed.

UPDATE 4/5/07
Isomedia reconfigured my line to the correct speed, and the upload speed has improved, as expected. So far everything is working very well and I am happy with the service, but it is still too early to tell. I am going to purchase a new modem - Broadxent does not perform well in high-traffic situations when playing multiple roles (DHCP, NAT, DNS, PPPoE).

UPDATE 7/10/07
Problems continue in high-traffic situations. Per tech support I've had to limit my sustained Down/Up speeds to 120KBps and 30KBps, respectively. Not sure if this is a problem with the modem or the line, but I have to conclude that the service is not living up to my expectations, will likely move to a different ISP once this contract is over.

• Location: Coupeville,Island,WA
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (3 month contract)
Good "Tech support"
Overall "I highly recommend the company for service AND cost."

I have been a customer with Isomedia for several years and have nothing but
praise for their helpful technical support and service. My primary email
is 'techno-man...,' because I'm NOT! And, therefore, I have had a number
of questions/issues over the years and have consistently been VERY VERY
pleased with their prompt and helpful information/answer to my questions. I
have recommended their service to several friends and, truly, have nothing
but positive things to say about them. In fact, when I was finally able to
switch to DSL (I live in a very rural area), I thought I would have to be
connected to a different company. However, when I learned that I could stay
with ISOMEDIA - I immediately switched right back to ISOMEDIA and continue
to be very happy with their company.
Al Coupeville, Wa.

(review was emailed from domain coupeville.net)

Comments:

Review by mike_nw See Profile

• Location: Spanaway,Pierce,WA
  • Telco party Qwest
Good "Incredible support for six years running. Tonight a tech called me back ... from his home. Fixed issue, which was Qwest-related."
Bad "None so far. Just a great provider."
Overall "This latest above-and-beyond support led me to file this review."

DSL went out tonight. I called at 7:40. "Paul" figured out what had gone wrong. It was an issue with Qwest. He called them and got a work order going. He was off at 8, but called back right before leaving. I did not hear the phone ring. He called back. I missed that one. I was really bummed when I realized I'd missed his calls. It was about 9 p.m. when my phone rang again. It was Paul, calling from home. He got me up and running, on his own time. That is customer service.

member for 7 years, 0 visits, last login: 7 years ago

Comments:

Review by myluvnttl78 See Profile

• Location: Lynnwood,Snohomish,WA
  • Telco party Verizon
  • CLEC party: Verizon
Good "Nothing to say for now."
Bad "Can't trust tech department in getting problem resolved."
Overall "Nothing to say for now."

Tech Department guy are useless. Still waiting for the download and upload speed fix. Pay for 3meg/768 and getting just below speed as adv...was getting good speed with Verizon Online DSL.....

Comments:

Review by imkimc See Profile

• Location: Seattle,King,WA
  • CLEC party: Covad
Good "Great tech support, really willing and able to help. Fantasctic uptime and communication when facing outages or upgrades"
Bad "Line thru COVAD took some time to gte up and running, never have received advertised DL/UL speeds"
Overall "While there are a lot of good ISPs out there, ISOMedia actually cares about their customers."

OK. So after a rocky start, coutesy of COVAD all has been great. COVAD caused the delays in getting set up due to 1) sending a bridged modem instead of a routed modem and 2) taking FOREVER to get me the new modem and someone to hook it up. ISOMEdia's tech support guy at one point put his phone on speaker and waited until COVAD came online and then called me back. He sat on hold waiting to help me for THREE HOURS trying to get through to COVAD. Show me another company that would be willing to do that! I went from 768Kbps/768Kbps through Verizon to 7Mbps/768Kbps. The modem is a BroadExt and I have 4 static IPs.

I had another DSL line through Verizon with them and switched to the COVAD line after talking with their sales rep who told me I could get better performance for less money! Always nice to have someone sell you more for less!

Even during a recent power outage while all my friends with cable modems waited for up to two WEEKS to get their internet portion of the cable back up, ISOMedia never went offline for us. When they have scheduled or emergency service on their system scheuled a nice email stating when it will happen and what affect you may see is sent out. When you have an issue you get someone on the phone right away who is not only ale and willin to help you but they will stay with you and check back to make sure it is fixed either on the phone or through email. Basically these guys ROCK! My home business requires that I run a WWW and email server from home, and with ISOMedia I have no worries that I'll have random connection issues.

Recently I had a speed issue (which I was pretty sure was an upstream issue) and ISOMEdia's tech support answered the phone right away, the tech called the problem, had me test to be sure I was having an issue, fixed the problem and confirmed that it was fixed, all within about 30 minutes from the first call. That included me calling back and several emails to ensure that the issue was re-provisioning my line. And that is the very first problem I have had in 2 years!

If you're looking for a serious ISP with some hefty tech support mojo I reccomend these folks whole heartedly. The only reason I gave the median score to them on install coordination was that COVAD messed up and while not ISOMedia's fault directly, I have to rate the entire experience fairly. I was told by the COVADinstaller that my connection was non-standard and required a router normally put into businesses, unusual line for a house I guess, but I this is also my place of business.

Comments:

Review by tlv See Profile

• Location: Hampton,Hampton City,VA
  • Telco party Verizon

Our family recently experienced power outages and severe power surges due to

the recent windstorm. As a result many appliances had to be replaced (yes,
there were surge protectors on them, but not quite strong enough to absorb
the 220 surge) along with a hard drive, copier and etc even though
everything was turned off.

As result we needed to completely "set up" again. Now to a youngster who is

familiar with computers and the "new" language that would not be a problem,
but to seniors who have been out of the work force for some time, this is a
challenge. Until we realized, the Isomdia staff have helped us the in past,

let's call again. Help us they did -- everyone we talked to from the sales
staff to the tech staff were WONDERFUL and extremely patient. They
understand that seniors came into computers during the gap! The gap when
someone sets up the computer and gets it running to the time computers are
taught in pre/grade school.

So on behalf of our family a very special THANK YOU to ISOMEDIA, we