pcOnline Internet Services page on DSLReports

Review by kayleigh9 See Profile

• Location: Inver Grove Heights,Dakota,MN
Good "Excellent tech support, totally reliable service"
Bad "local-only service (this is bad if you don't live in the metro area or travel); no toll-free number."
Overall "This is the ISP you wish you had"

S. Meemken (kayleigh@nospam.pconline.com)
24/7 Static IP 256K DSL (don't know about up/down speed differences)

DSL provider (USWest/Qwest) notified ISP next-day of my DSL order, so they knew about the changes I'd need for my service before I called them. They coordinated with me weekly then daily until my service was connected and I was surfing.

DSL equipment was purchased from USW/Q. pcOnline's tech support knew exactly how to program for connection, though, and were very familiar with the equipment.

I haven't seen any slow response times from the ISP; I occasionally have to reset the router, but I think that's an issue with the DSL provider, not the ISP.

I think in my 2 or so years using pcOnline for analog 56k dial-up, I think I got 3 periods of busy signals (twice they added modems, once they chewed USW for causing problems with their lines) and once I couldn't negotiate an IP address after connecting (that was resolved within an hour or two). If I call with a question during business hours, they call back within an hour. After hours, I hear from them within a couple of hours after they get in the office. If only everything in life was so easy....

Comments: