Crown.Net. page on DSLReports

Review by Renigade See Profile

• Location: Lake Station,Lake,IN
  • Telco party Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "Good Tech Support"
Bad "No 24/7 support"
Overall "Service is good, Support is good, best value"

Crown Net

My experience with Crown net has always been a pleasant one, this small Mom and Pop ISP should grow into a positive ISP for our community.

The Service has been very helpful on the few occasions that I needed help.
The price for the BRONZE+ 768/128 is $16/m to the ISP and is very reasonable since others charge a lot more for the same service in the area. (I hope that they don't get a big head here!)

The order process was done and handled in a timely manor about 20 days for GTE/Verison to have the DSL modem sent to my house and the service connected. Cost $32.50/m

I received the DSL modem via UPS and it was a self install, the "KIT" contained 1 DSL modem, 1 hanging Wall jack Filter, and 4 table top filters with complete instructions and how to's for the installation INCLUDING Phone numbers for TECH support from GTE/Verison. I had the Modem installed in about 20 minutes. The only bad thing about this is that it DID NOT come with an E-NET card for the PC.

Crown Net provided me with a static IP and all the support I needed to install the right number in the right places on my PC.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if you're in the service area to Crown Net, it might be in your best interest to use them for your ISP...

Thanks Crown Net
Anthony A.

Comments:

Review by bonzo219 See Profile

• Location: Portage,Porter,IN
Good "Low Latency and Friendly Support"
Bad "They do not have 24hour live support."
Overall "Satisfied with service"

My name is Tom, I ordered the Bronze Package 768/128 from GTE and also used them as the ISP. The install was completed about 2 weeks after first call. The problem was that the Technician arrived a day earlier than I was told. I had to take a day off of work, after no one showed up by 1PM, I called GTE and they said he was working on another install and would be over then. About an hour later he arrived and did the install, quickly and efficently. I made a big mistake by selecting GTE as the ISP. My latency times were terrible, a ping to my gateway was 145ms. The GTE ISP was always going down. Mail would quit for hours at a time. After trying to get help with the high latency, and getting nowhere, I finally decided to switch ISP's. I selected Crown.Net. What a difference the service has been. My latency to my gateway dropped to 20-25ms, and Internet is very rarely down. Normal speeds range from 560 - 620. Bottom line is, avoid using GTE for the ISP. I recommend Crown.Net, and it only cost $16 a month, plus the DSL charge from GTE ($32).

Comments: