iNYCcom page on DSLReports

Review by zdeacon See Profile

• Location: Miami,Miami-Dade,FL
Good "Great pre-sales, timely post-sales service, reliable connection, static IP"
Bad "first hop to gateway from FL to CA (no POP in FL) = slow speeds"
Overall "Excellent, EXCELLENT service....a point-of-presence in FL will quell my only complaint"

Based on reviews here I decided to go with iNYC. I called and set up my 1.5/384 ADSL service for $89 (with static ip for $5 more) through Tom Portoulas. Tom was excellent..he answered all of my questions, put up with all my phone calls, and set up a seamless install about 1 month after my initial call.

Well, I try my new service, and find in my speedtests that my speeds seem low, even at non-peak times. I do a traceroute, and find my first hop out of my isp is taking 200+ms, and is going to CA!!! So I called iNYC, and spoke to David Bruno. He had me send some traceroute printouts, and said he'd get back to me in a couple days.

Fast forward 2 weeks...still no response, so I send Mr. Bruno an e-mail saying if I don't get a response this time, I'm canceling my service. Dave called back, apologized, and informed me that iNYC doesn't have a point-of-presence in FL, and I would have to wait a minimum of 3-4 months for them to get one. I told him I found that unacceptable, and that I wouldn't pay for sub-standard speeds for that long. Dave told me he would speak to management, and get back to me.

Dave called me back today, informed me that iNYC is getting a point-of-presence in FL, and knocked off the charge for the month I would have to wait until then. Desipte the initial delay in getting back to me, I'm extremely happy with how my complaint was handled by Mr. Bruno. It remains to be seen if iNYC will indeed get their point-of-presence in FL within the next couple months...if they do I will be a happy customer. If not, I will push for either a transfer (as I understand they are a reseller of service) to a local ISP, or push for my contract to be cancelled.

Bottom-line: They provide top-notch service, and a fairly reliable connection (I'd say top-notch connection, but my 200 ms first hop out prevents that). If you are in an area where iNYC has their own presence, or a local provider, then go for it. If you are in Miami (like me), or somewhere that iNYC is subcontracting service, make sure you ask WHEN they are getting their own backbone in the area.

JJJ

Comments:

Review by hitemup See Profile

• Location: La Belle,Fayette,PA
Good "good, reliable connection"
Bad "post-sales service is terrible, billing inquiries are IGNORED"
Overall "go with another ISP if possible"

the salespeople will answer your calls late at night, but don't expect them to be responsive to your calls and billing questions etc. after the sale is made. i chose inyc for a circuit because of all the glowing reviews here, but i cannot wholeheartedly recommend them. they will bill you even though no service has been delivered or up and will bill you again even when the circuit isn't up and running. the connection itself is good, but don't expect any post-sales support or customer service. they can also take more than a few weeks to issue you the proper credit because they have some stupid policy about issuing credits during a certain period of the month. avoid this company if you can.

member for 14.5 years, 19 visits, last login: 14.2 years ago

Comments:

Review by doc2000 See Profile

• Location: Syosset,Nassau,NY
Good "Fast, friendly service."
Bad "None."
Overall "No complaints about iNYC."

After researching a multitude of ISPs on dslreports.com and considering a cable modem, I thought DSL through iNYC was the best choice. I had my 608/128K DSL connection istalled in early May and I've had no problems. I signed a two year contract at $59/month.

When I contacted iNYC for the first time they were very friendly and answered all my questions. They delineated a timeline and the order in which things would occur. They were quick to send me detailed information regarding services, different DSL lines and speeds, prices, 2-page checklist, and a contract with terms and agreement. When all was said and done, installation occured ahead of schedule (the installer from Covad was great too) and those friendly Brooklynites at iNYC held my hand through the whole process.

It's been almost two months and my DSL has never been down and the speed is eye-popping. I have no regrets about doing business with iNYC and they have my strongest recommendation. You'd be doing yourselves a disservice by not considering iNYC.

Comments:

Review by fritza52 See Profile

• Location: Hales Corners,Milwaukee,WI
Good "Very quick to answer anyquestions I have, very friendly support and sales staff"
Bad "none thus far"
Overall "Most Reliable Service I've seen by any ISP"

My name is Adam Fritzm I reside in Wisconsin and I got the 784/394 ADSL for 79 a month, with free installation and free equipment
I found INYC through 2wire.com search site, they had more to offer for a lower price than even any local ISP. I decided to give them a call and after getting all the details from a sales Rep I decided to place an order. They Coordinated the rest of the installation, our local telephone provider was having difficulties with their DSL lines and INYC was keeping contact with me on a daily basis via telephone and e-mail, telling me of any updates (a first for me with an ISP) After the telephone company fixed their problem I had a Covad Rep in my house one day later, and the DSL was up and running. Three months later and I havent had one crash and everything is running smoothly

So the low down...

I've never need Tech support so I can say they are good
I never had any slowdown so the speed is Excellent
and the experiances I listed above.

• Location: New York,New York,NY
Overall "You guys rock!"

Put an order early this year for a DSL services from these guys for our
multiple rooms studio facility. I had first researched this dslreports.com
site for a best rated service: from people's reports I tought they sounded
to good to be true.

Nevertheless, we got hooked up even earlier than I anticipated. There
was a minor problem with the initial setup with Northpoint which was
taken care of on the next business day. Since then, we have all been
able to access it from our multiple stations, it's one of these
technological thing that one loves; you set it up and forget about it,
it's always there for you when you need it and it makes your life so
much easier. Hi five guys!

(review was emailed from domain ix.netcom.com)

• Location: Smithtown,Suffolk,NY
Good "Reliable Connection"
Bad "Charges for DNS parking... : ("
Overall "Recommended. Provide great technical support and quick answers."

Excellent service. Charged for DNS parking was a small fee, but
shouldn't cost anything. Excellent throughput and bandwidth.
Recommended.

(review was emailed from domain servematt.com)

Comments:

Review by Cman718 See Profile

• Location: Bronx,Bronx,NY
Good "The people were very friendly and were always available when I called."
Bad "None that I can think of."
Overall "All of the phone services should be as helpfull abd professional as INYC."

My DSL line went down at 4:00Pm and INYC had Bell Atlantic at my house at 8:00AM the next morning. I tried to get DSL service from another DSL company and they didn,t even call me back.

Comments:

Review by DrJoe9 See Profile

• Location: Brooklyn,Kings,NY
Good "Very Professional, Good Ping Times, Never Wait ON HOLD LONG!"
Bad "Installation and Middlemen"
Overall "If You Want DSL then You NEED iNYC"

My name is Dr. Joe, I ordered a 384/128 line for $64. iNYC actually gave me a 604/128 line for the same price. From what David Bruno told me that is due to Covad's changing towards new technology.

I have a speedstream 5260. I have a Static IP. My sales rep was Leo Jeremias, and he was very helpful and informative, I even called at 11:30 pm once and he was there to answer the phone. After I placed my order was when I started getting a little nervous. David Bruno was my installation coordinator, it took 3 weeks just to get a Bell Atlantic Appointment, which by the way they missed. So David got me another appt. Basically it took Bell 5 1/2 weeks to get my line in. I know this really is out of iNYC's hands but I was frustrated. When David Bruno saw How frustrated I was he did me a big favor and got Covad to come to my house the day after Bell was here. Covad tech got me up and running. Now I have a very fast connection, and good ping. I have been up for about a month, and line has been stable. I needed to call tech support for email accts, and some settings and they were very helpful and informative. INYC and David Bruno Are very highly recomended.

The Doc

member for 14.3 years, 15 visits, last login: 14.2 years ago

Comments:

Review by ManhattanCCNA See Profile

• Location: New York,New York,NY
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
Good "Great Ping times! under 35ms at most times, Great Tech Support and People over there."
Bad "Long Install, it took about 40 days instead of the 30 they promised."
Overall "Its great, speed is awesome, Inyc people are allways there, and I feel like I have a friend in the business."

Hello my name is Glenn and I recently got my Inyc DSL line in my house. I actually work from home so I needed a speedy line - 608kps down. The installation was a little rough, I had to stay home one day for bell atlantic then another day for the router install, it took about 40 days. But Let me tell you this: the people over at Inyc are just incredible! There was not ONE time I was put on hold for too long and that's if I was even put on hold, I always had a friendly service guy from Inyc call me and update me on the status. When I called to set up my emails, I asked if how much would I have to pay if I wanted more then 3 email accounts than they promised and this tech support person over there, Casadi I think, told me that I could have as many as I need as long that its reasonable, I have got about 15 email accounts with them for no charge, not to say the the price I am paying for such good DSL line is awesome! its all really great, my line is fast, I have only had it for less then a month but so far it hasn't been down or slow I usually get ping time of 30ms which is really great for what I do. Because if Inyc I am able to study at home and get my CISCO certification right from home using online classes and working with the routers live online, Inyc is really great, and as I always say, with Inyc I feel like I have a friend in the businesses.

Feel Free to contact me at ManhattanCCNA@aol.com or my new Inyc email account (one of them) glennm@inyc.com.

Thank you Inyc, Thank you David, and Casadi you are really great!

Comments:

Review by cwbradley See Profile

• Location: San Marcos,San Diego,CA
Good "Blazing fast speed!"
Bad "Took a bit of time to get install in ."
Overall "Best DSL Service I have had yet."

After moving I needed to find a new ISP and I located iNYC. After speaking with several very helpful individuals I decided to place an order. It took about 4 weeks to get my line installed. After which time it has been up and running ever since. I love the service, I have 1040Kbps SDSL line and it is screaming. I pay $329 a month and it worth eveyr penny. I received free equipment and no install charges also. Everyone I have talked to there has been quite helpful and very friendly. Working from home, I require dedicated fast access and they have definetly delivered! Prior to moving I lived in Northern California and used DNAI which was good service as well, however, the iNYC support dept. has been much more helpful.

Christopher