Internet Dynamics Corporation (IDC) page on DSLReports

Review by LFGREEN See Profile

• Location: Kenosha,Kenosha,WI
  • CLEC party: Ameritech
Good "I found one person who know what they where doing"
Bad "It's been going on a week done with slower than slow service"
Overall "There head service tech said use the dail up service, its fast, he said you get it with the reguarl service when the sevice goes"

The service is getting worst every day, I paid for 768/128 and I am only getting .9/ 1.1. Now the head tech is telling me to use there dail up service. He tells me to go to there web page tyo find out about it. Jock in a half. One of there service persons told me that it not there service, and U Bit or something like that is the one doing it. I have them write up a complete every day tyill I get what I'm Paying for.

I'm paying $69. for 18 months(like He..)

member for 14 years, 5 visits, last login: 14 years ago

Comments:

Review by westernind See Profile

• Location: Oak Creek,Milwaukee,WI
  • CLEC party: @link
Good "Best customer service of any DSL provider I have ever seen."
Bad "Installation fee now way too high because of @link."
Overall "If you can afford the $700 install fee and can get DSL from IDC, do it."

I ordered 768/384 ADSL from IDC and it was up and running in a little over a week. There was a little problem with Ameritech installing the line, but Ameritech sucks so that was expected. I am using a Lucent DSL Pipe and have a static IP. The real great thing with IDC is that they have a small dedicated and knowledgable service staff. Every time I call they always do anything they can to help me with any problem that arrises. The best example I can give is when my ping to my clan's counter-strike server was incredibly high and with a tracert I narrowed it down to a gateway router in-between bbnplanet and uunet. The router belonged to bbnplanet, so I thought there was really nothing IDC could do about it, but I called anyway just to check. When you call IDC, a person (really) answers the phone usually within the first few rings, sometimes even one of the technicians with answer the phone when you call. I explaned my problem to one of their techs (Jason) and he actually seemed to care about my problem, but said that all he could really do is call @link (the DSL line provider) and tell them about the problem. He also said if it wasn't fixed by that evening to call back and he would see if there was anything else that could be done. I went home that night and checked my ping to the server. I wasn't expecting much as my ping had been very high for almost two days and I knew it really wasn't IDC or @link's fault. But somehow it was all fixed and working fine. I had a problem that most ISP's wouldn't even care about, and it was fixed within a few hours of me calling. I really find that amazing as I have seen others go with Telocity and BigNet and see them wait on hold for an hour just to talk to a front-line helpdesk and get a trouble ticket that isn't resolved for a month. I really do appreciate what IDC is able to do for me and it's other residential customers. I just hope @link lowers the price on the line install so IDC can be competitive again, because they are really one of the best ISP's available.

Comments:

Review by Spyderbender See Profile

• Location: Sussex,Waukesha,WI
  • CLEC party: @link
Good "Excelent Customer Service"
Bad "@Link Install Tech-- Not to Computer Savy and as alwayse AMERITECH SUCKS!!!"
Overall "Great service."

IDC is a goos ISP. In June I ordered 768/768 Residential DSL. Static IP Lucent DSLPipe for $85.00 /month and 99.00 Install (one year contract.). I faxed in my order on June 9th. and the next day (10th.) the customer support people called me up to varify the information. Let me know that they had to set up a date that AMERITECH will install the new line. AMERITECH's date was set for the 20 th. in the morning. (AMERITECH is crap aroung here.) So on the 20 th. I patientlly waited at home for A (Ameritech) to install the new wireing. well 2:00 came around and they did not show up. So I called IDC and they in turn called A. Well A showed up within 30 min after my call to IDC. (Not too sure if they actuallh had something to do with the time that A arived.) k, so they installed the line. No problem. It just took them 2 months to burry the line. (wich is a real pain when I had to cut the grass.) On the 27 @link wired the inside of the house. they did a nice job hiding the wires and leaving some extra wire in case I move the computers around the house. They also used cat 5 wire for me. The problem with @Link is that after all the wireing was done He could not get my computer to connect to the ISP and had high packet loss (98%) The Tech could get it to connect to his laptop. After about 1/2 an hour trying to figure it out the @Link Tech(Maybee this is not the correct word --"Tech")lust said Good luck! It's your computer, and left!!! I knew it wasn't my computer because I pulled the network cable from the working network I have between my Laptop and desktop. (HUB and 2 straight thru cables rinning @ 100M/FULL DUP. As soon as the @LINK installer left I called IDC and they wern't sure what was wrong. they had Ameritech test the lines and everythin was working fine.exc... So IDC and myself tried various things, finally the next day (28th.) I downloaded the drivers for My network card and everything fell into place (Windows 98se installed it's own driver for the 3COM 3c905b-tx network card. and that was messing things up.)

I have had non-interupted service now for 5 months and am verry happy with their product. There customer support people were helpfull and acted like they really cared about the problems I have had durring the install. I hav had no need to contact them after the initial install except for an aditional E-Mail address.

Thx IDC

Spyderbender

ps. Excuse the spelling

Comments:

Review by savagemyth See Profile

• Location: Fort Atkinson,Jefferson,WI

Just signed up for 768/768 SDSL. Have been pretty happy with the service, but wish there were competition around to stabilize all the price tiers to get me 1.5 Mbps service!

Comments:

Review by

Excellent organization to work with.

(review was emailed in)