ISWest page on DSLReports

Review by GoD of KaOs See Profile

• Location: North Hills,Los Angeles,CA
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Up and running in 7days Stable Speeds Reliable No Contracts"
Bad "Only getting 1.3 megs, but not really complaining. DNS seems to be a bit slow."
Overall "Solid DSL connection for only $34.95"

Install was very quick and painless and I was able to get the DSL connection up and running a day before the installation date.

I've had the DSL w/ Verizon for over 2 months and haven't run into any huges problems. The only complaint is the their DNSs seems to resolve a little bit, which might not be problem on there end. Quick and simple fix was to use a local ISP DNS.

member for 13.9 years, 5479 visits, last login: 3.6 years ago

Comments:

Review by dsldrew See Profile

• Location: Thousand Oaks,Ventura,CA
Good "Very friendly ISP"
Overall "Go with them!"

I ordered 384K/384K DSL from ISWest for $154.00 per month for my home business. The order went perfect and I was very happy. My installation required static IP addresses. The over all expeirence with ISWest was fantastic.

** Update. I have now had my DSL with ISWest for over 2 years and the service is the best I have ever had. You need to have this company as your ISP. Very fast and stable service.

member for 14.4 years, 104 visits, last login: 6.2 years ago

Comments:

Review by runningfool See Profile

• Location: Simi Valley,Ventura,CA
  • Telco party SBC
  • CLEC party: Covad
Good "Everyone else said I couldn't get DSL, ISWest said we can do it, and they did"
Bad "None at this time"
Overall "Fast connection with great Tech support"

Pacbell promised DSL in my area for 2 years same with the cable company I could not wait any longer. Called ISWest they said they could get me a DSL line, It was a little more money but boy is it worth it. Install was fast. I am loving it.

Comments:

Review by zimens See Profile

• Location: Newbury Park,Ventura,CA
  • Telco party Verizon (ex GTE)
  • CLEC party: Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "24 hour hot line for DSL support - Stable connection -"
Bad "a bit higher cost then other ISPs in the areas. but you get what you pay for."
Overall "A solid connection - Always great speed. A good value for the money ."

1536/384K GTE land DSL with ISWEST as ISP. Install went great and I was up and running from day one. I have 16 static IPs with a cabletron router. Tech support is very helpful and always available. I have experienced NO speed problems at all. I consistently get 1300 downloads and 370K uploads per dslreports speed tests.

member for 14.5 years, 24 visits, last login: 11.5 years ago

Comments:

Review by etherboy See Profile

• Location: Thousand Oaks,Ventura,CA
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Up and running fast and easy"
Bad "Not the cheapest, but worth every penny"
Overall "Hasn't been down since day 1"

When I ordered my DSL with ISWest, they impressed me from the start. They walked me through the entire process and then called me to let me know that the installation was done BEFORE the due date. They took care of coordinating the line with Verizon and made it easy for me.

Their techs walked me thru installing my modem, explained to me what a static IP address was and told me how to set my it in my machine, and even gave me tips for setting up and securing a network in my house.

They've been helpful, the connection has been consistently fast when I test it, and I haven't been down for any length of time. I ordered a 768/128 line, and I'm consistently pretty close to that. I'd definitely order with ISWest again.

Comments:

Review by dslisdownalways See Profile

• Location: Agoura Hills,Los Angeles,CA
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
  • Telco party Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "nice people... even when im angry"
Bad "everything else"
Overall "I'd be better off"

I have never dealt with an ISP that makes major chages to their network in the middle of the day WITHOUT even an warning to their BUSINESS customers. One time i called in with DSL problems and the lied to me saying that they were creating trouble tickets for my dsl line. I called again later on and they told me that it had been taken care of and Verizon was working on it. When i called Verizon the next day, they told me that they never even had a record of any trouble ticket being placed. According to their equipment, it had never gone down.

ISWest sold me on the idea that by paying a little more, I would be getting a great ISP. So far I have seen none of this. I have had nothing but problems with their internet services. I want my old ISP back. Save yourself!! RUN!

Comments:

Review by wetman See Profile

• Location: Agoura Hills,Los Angeles,CA
  • Telco party SBC
  • CLEC party: Covad
Good "ISWest had our DSL installed in 14 days from start to finish... WOW!"
Bad "None at this time..."
Overall "One of the best ISP's I have found out there."

If you are looking for a quality ISP, then consider ISWest. They have a great sales staff and installed my DSL faster than they told me it would be installed.

Comments:

Review by alorenz3 See Profile

• Location: Bothell,Snohomish,WA
  • CLEC party: Covad
Good "Don't know, never got an install"
Bad "Couldn't meet install dates, won't refund deposit"
Overall "Don't trust these guys with any deposits, or count on install dates"

I ordered a $299 a month DSL service through Covad to ISWest in November. They promised installation from as little as two weeks to as much as 40 days. Within a few days of our order they did confirm an install date at about 30 days. We sent them $388 for a deposit on service and router.

On the install date, when it did not happen, (never received the router) I called and they said it had been re-scheduled for 60 days from that point! I explained that did not work for me and they either had to meet their original agreement or cancel my service. They promised to expedite.

I called Verizon, who had us up and running within 2 weeks. ISWest refused to refund our deposit, claiming since we cancelled it was the fee. I explained that we never cancelled, in fact, we never received service! I suspect these guys are in credit trouble with Covad, be wary of them! We probably got caught in Covad denying them stuff till they got their account straight. Covad will neither confirm or deny. Don't send them any money until they provide service, they still owe me $300!!!!!!!!!!

Comments:

Review by vaderman25 See Profile

• Location: Newbury Park,Ventura,CA
Good "There were a few problems getting my DSL installed and ISWest kept me completely informed."
Bad "None yet."
Overall "Tried with a few other ISP's with no luck. ISWest delivered. Thanks for the great service."

I had tried to get DSL from a few other providers in the area with no luck and quite a bit of run around. I found ISWest and they took the time to explain to me what DSL is all about and explained exactly what I could expect from them and DSL. They did not just sugar coat it to get my sale. I respected that. The price seems to be a little higher them some of the other places I called but the service and the fact that the did get me up and running is well worth it. I love my DSL and the service that ISWest has provided me. I run a small business from home and the got me all the equipment (router, hub, etc) that I needed and followed that up with other useful services for my company. I have 8 static IP addresses and the speed is great. Thanks again.

• Location: Westlake Village,Ventura,CA

The DSL is super fast. ISWest did a wonderful job on the install.

(review was emailed from domain themorissongroup.com)