how-to block ads
Link to Siemen's SBC upgrade webpage:
Working links at Archive.Org Wayback Machine as of 01-22-2011
Installation instructions from the Efficient website follow.
Updating the firmware on the modem using a firmware pack
1. Plug the Yellow Ethernet cable from the 5100B modem in to your computer.
2. Open the web browser and enter »192.168.0.1 in the address bar, and hit "Enter" key. (You might need to disable any firewall software if unable to access the modem GUI.)
3. Click the "Advanced" button in on the left hand side to toggle expanding the grey button list providing more options.
4. Click the grey "Update Modem " button.
5. If you are prompted to "Enter the Modem Access Code," then enter the Modem Access Code that is located on the yellow sticker on the bottom of the modem, then click the "Continue" button.
6. Click the "Browse" button and then select the location of the "004-E142-A13.upg" update file on your Desktop (or folder on your hard drive where you chose to keep it).
7. Then click "Open" to accept that selection and it should return to the GUI.
8. Click the blue "Update Software from PC" button at the bottom of the GUI.
9. Once the file has been uploaded to the modem, you will see a screen saying "The software update completed successfully!" and "The modem will now reboot to let the new software take effect."
10. After the modem has restarted, you will see the normal startup Login GUI screen with a red warning message saying that "the log on restart is not recommended."
11. Click the red underlined text where it says "Click here to clear the log on restart." This will turn off Persistent Logging. The Persistent Logging feature should only be activated by a technician during trouble-shooting procedure.
12. If you are prompted again to enter the Modem Access Code, enter the Modem Access Code that is located on the yellow sticker on the bottom of the modem, then click the "Continue" button. (Once the code has been entered, keeping the log on restart will be disabled and the warning message will go away.)
13. When the Log Page reappears excluding the (Click here to Clear the Log on Restart) message, you can now close GUI Browser.
14. Now, the firmware has been upgraded, and the modem is ready to use.
Note: If the original location goes missing or 404 - Not Found then the 5100B Update File (005-E142-A2B-SBC53-5100B.zip) is archived 4 times at the Way Back Machine at Archive.Org:
Feedback received on this FAQ entry: