how-to block ads
Here's what you can do to remove this junk from your system:
1. Run a virus scan with your antivirus software or use a web based service like Trend Micro's Housecall virus scanner.
2. Download ad-aware from: LAVASOFT
3. Once you install it, run it's web-update feature.
4. Select a thorough system scan for your hard drive(s).
5. Let it scan through everything.
6. When it is done, right click on one of the objects found and go to select all. Then click next and confirm you want to delete it all.
7. Follow the steps in this FAQ's entry to check for any other programs that would send spam. »Security »I think my computer is infected or hijacked. What should I do? .
To be on the safe side, you may want to invest in a software firewall and configure it's settings and have it block anything suspicious. Also, for a courtesy, call Comcast's abuse department and tell them you removed the software sending spam from your computer.
*This FAQ is based on user knowledge from a volunteer core of BroadbandReports' members. This FAQ in no way constitutes official information from Comcast or any of its affiliates.