how-to block ads
»How to connect 701 in bridged mode?
1. Hookup modem directly to ethernet connection
2. Type 192.168.0.1 into internet explorer window address bar
3. Select advanced setup
4. On first screen, click next
5. Next screen will give you option of RF1483 bridge mode, PPPoE or PPPoA. Select RF1483. All other option and menu selections will be disabled after this. Remember, you are making the 701 a "dumb" modem. It will do nothing else but pass packets along.
6. Select save and restart. Wait for it to finish. Modem is now a pure dumb mode.
7. Into the LAN interface of the 701 plug your router of choice and set it up for PPPoE authentication.
This is all dependent on whether your ISP will allow PPPoE. (Qwest.net does support PPPoE in all areas now.) If not, your out luck and gotta stick with PPPoA and set the 701g into DMZ mode and do double NATing.
Note if you have the M1000 modem you can follow Qwest's instructions for setting it up here: