|Home||Reviews||Tools||Forums||FAQs||Find Service||ISP News||Maps||About|
how-to block ads
How to install a cygwin (ssh server) on a Windows 2000, WindowsXP, or Windows Server 2003. The ssh server is an emulation of the UNIX environment and OpenSSH toWindows, by Redhat, called Cygwin.
(1) Login as a user with Administrator privilege.
(2) Download cygwin's setup.exe from http://www.cygwin.com/. Once completly downloaded run the setup.exe file.
There will be some basic installation information to begin. You will be selecting a server where it will download the selected files from. Select one of the locations and press next, continue till you get to the screen below.
Find the line "cygrunsrv",click on the word "skip" so that an appears in Column B,
Click to start installing cygwin and ssh.
(4) Right click My Computer, Properties, Advanced,Environment Variables
(5) Open a cygwin window (by double clicking the icon), a black screen pops open, type
(6) While you are still in the (black) cygwin screen, startthe sshd service:
To stop the sshd service, pop open a cygwin window, type