how-to block ads
•The diagnostic screens may be launched by two methods:
•The diagnostic screens may be manually launched from the ResApp by pressing and holding the front-panel CENTER key (aka Bullseye, between ch+ - and vol + -) until the message light blinks (about 3 seconds) and then pressing the front-panel DIAMOND or INFO key. This can be done with the box "on" or "off". •If the Explorer has never been authorized (no Entitlement Agent IDs and/or no Entitlement Management Messages have ever been received), the diagnostic screens will be launched automatically on Page 2 if the whenever the POWER button is pressed to turn on the set-top. •If there is ever a failure detected by the ResApp software, the diagnostic screens will be launched automatically on Page 11 which will show a failure message. If the failure was in the User Interface thread, the screen will toggle between the diagnostic screen and the screen state caused the failure. On a production ROM, the set-top will reboot immediately, whereas a debug ROM set-top will not auto-reboot. •The remote PAGE +/- keys and the front panel LEFT/RIGHT keys can be used to change pages. •From time to time, when the ResApp developers need a convenient way to toggle and tweak fonts, the key will switch to a special font testing page. Once in that page, EXIT will return you to the diagnostics screens. •The remote key toggles between opaque and two alpha-blended levels -- one favors the diagnostic text, and the other favors the video. •While in the diagnostic screens, all volume and channel operations are available. •Exiting the diagnostic screens is done by pressing the front panel diamond key, or the remote or EXIT keys. Also, pressing the POWER key (or CBL key on the remote) will exit the diagnostic screens and toggle the power state. •Colors are used consistently throughout the various diagnostic screen pages. Green indicates a "passed" state of a one-time test. White indicates a normal condition or information for which there are no normal or abnormal conditions. Amber indicates an unusual condition -- possibly something to worry about, but possibly not. Red indicates an error or unexpected condition or the inability to get the status information for that item.
Feedback received on this FAQ entry:
- The newer Explorers and RNG models dmode is accessed by powering off box and pressing info on the remote.
- I followed all the steps but it won't open diagnostics on sa explorer 3100. My cp is charter Idk if that's one of the reasons I can't access. Help! Please...
- Found on a 3100 hitting Diamond and "info" at the same time will get you into diagnostics. Also if box is off hit "help" on the remote.
- Can't access diagnostics screen using Select on the front of the 8300 HD (passport), or the pause button on the remote. Got any other methods to access diagnostics?
- can not access 'd-mode' following instructions on 8300hdc in portland maine
last modified: 2005-10-24 20:25:11