how-to block ads
Here's the order process:
1. Customer calls VOL to order service
2. VOL places the order & sends it to NACC.
3. NACC writes up a wholesale order & sends it to VADI.
4. VADI takes the order, sets up the DSL service & orders the modem.
5. VADI writes up a local service request for the local loop & sends it to the telephone company.
6. The local telephone company takes the order for the local loop & completes the final connection to the residence.
Note: Back when DSL was new it could take as long as 6 weeks from order to SRD. It took a while but more than a week eventually became the norm. Now, setting up DSL service ordinarily takes less than 7 working days. If it is taking more than 7 working days then there could be technical issues while provisioning the lines. Today the process normally goes smoothly.
FAQ by kadar
Feedback received on this FAQ entry: