how-to block ads
1) Check to see that your coaxial cable, Ethernet, and power cord are all firmly connected. Make sure that everything (modem, router, computer, etc.) that should have power, has power turned on.
2) If you use RCN cable TV, check to see if it is working and not fuzzy.
3) If you are using a router, disconnect it and go directly from the modem to the computer to test whether it might be a router problem. If you do have to call Tech Support, do so with the router disconnected as it is easier for the tech to diagnose your system without the router involved.
4) Do a powercycle. This simple step will fix a great many problems.
• Turn your computer off.
• Unscrew the coaxial cable from the back of the modem.
• Unplug the modem's power cord (preferrable from the wall outlet)
• Wait 30 seconds or longer.
• Reconnect coaxial cable.
• Reconnect power. Note whether all the modem status lights are lit properly.
• Turn on computer and see if problem is solved.