how-to block ads
General Netiquette Guidelines are available at http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855
We suggest practicing the following etiquette to help you and others make the most of the Forums:
- before posting your question, search the forum or this FAQ. Your question or comment may have already been discussed, answered, or resolved;
- stay on topic... add to existing threads only when it is applicable... it is better to create a new thread for an unrelated post;
- for new posts, create a concise subject that adequately summarizes your topic... for example: "Why does my DVG ATA have a blinkg red light?"
- do not Cross-Post into many Forums, post once within a Thread OR in a NEWTOPIC if you feel it will it needs its own TITLE or will cause discussion to deviate from an existing Thread;
- do not use words such as "Urgent" or "Important" in your subject line... this is a discussion, not a support forum;
- do not use all capital letters, excessive question marks (?) or exclamation points (!) in your subject or content;
- do not use offensive or derogatory language anywhere. Keep remarks to the Topic at hand and avoid personal attacks on other users.
- if you are offended by a post... please EMAIL one of the active Forum moderators and provide a URL link and a text reference to the post at hand.
- increase the likelihood of starting a discussion by providing details in your comment or question, and by choosing a relevant category, release and platform for your topic;
- be patient... all the participants of this forum are using the forum and participating in discussions on their own time;
- help others... the forum is a community, and works best when people share information;
- give feedback... if someone helps you by answering your question, try to add a follow-up response letting them know if it worked or not;
- and, welcome newcomers... do not chastise them for not reading the forum etiquette. Make them feel welcome in the community.
last modified: 2013-04-09 20:55:14