how-to block ads
NCOS feature that will allow certain kinds of calls to be blocked through the TBB system.
To achieve Outgoing Call Blocking, you can use the DVG's ACR Feature [refer to the "entry" definition] and should not connect any POTS (or secondary) line to the DVG LINE port.
Since the LINE port is empty, ACR will in effect "hang" any call it reroutes based on a valid "entry" value. Although you need to specify the entry Number, you should leave the entry DelDigit field empty.
Example Number values:
- 1900T and 1976T will block calls to 1900xxxnnnn and 1976xxxnnnn
- 1T and 011T blocks all long distance including 1800.
- 514T blocks all calls starting with 514
- If you want to block a particular number, just enter both the 7digit and the 10digit version (i.e. 5551212, 6135551212)
NOTE: Until 10 digit dialing becomes mandatory in your area code (most areas by the summer of 2006), you will need to create entries for both the 7digit and 10digit numbers.
•Be careful not to code 9T as it would also interfere with calling 911 in an emergency. Take caution when setting up your codes.
Primus TBB lets you dial star (*) codes, and these can be used to circumvent the above examples. However, the * codes can also be "Blocked" by specifying them in the Number field; although you would no longer be able to use any blocked * codes on your TBB line, depending on the "entry" definition.
In addition to the entries above, assuming you have already created SpeedDial numbers with *75:
- All relevant * codes can be blocked by creating entries for *0, *1, *2.... to *9 except for *3 (SpeedDial). No "T" is required,
- Since *7 is also blocked, no one can create new SpeedDial numbers to circumvent this.
Create * code entries in combination with the digits you wish to blocks:
- For *70 create entries (*701, *70011, *701976)
- Repeat for the other star (*) codes.
•Remember to include *08 (transfer) which will otherwise let calls get through (*081, *08011, *081976).
Assuming the DLINK DVG ATA password is secure (change it as required), the user can login and modify the ACR list and/or set SpeedDial numbers as needed.