• Provide easy access to your computer.
• Provide an unused 120-volt receptacle inside the home as close to ONT/NID as possible for the BBU [see definition]. (Not having a receptacle *may* result in rescheduling the install until one has been provided.)
• Have an idea of where you want the ONT [see definition].
• Make room for the BBU [see definition].
• Consider contacting Verizon a day or two prior to your install just to make sure everything is on track and that their systems properly reflect an install plan for what you ordered.
• Be nice to the technician. :)
Keep in mind: The FiOS installation takes just about four (or more) hours to complete.
Read a couple of the following FAQs as well:
• »Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »What is the process for FiOS installation?
• »Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »What will happen to my existing DSL service?
• »Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »What do I do if Verizon messes up my property?
Revisions by: SteveCon