how-to block ads
Digital Voice uses Comcast's broadband network to provide you a number of enhanced features without sacrificing any of your current phone features or the call clarity you expect.
Features to expect from Comcast Digital Voice service:
• Keep your current phone number - When you switch to Comcast Digital Voice service, you can bring your current phone number with you.
• Use your existing touch-tone phone - Comcast Digital Voice service is compatible with most existing phone equipment.
• Retain access to E911 - Unlike many other Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service providers, Comcast Digital Voice service offers access to E911 calling.
Call Waiting - Take a second call without disconnecting the first and then
return to the first caller, so you never miss important news.
Caller ID - Your phone display will show the name and number of the
person calling, so you can decide if you want to answer the
call, or let Voice Mail handle it.
Caller ID with Call Waiting - When youre in the middle of a call and another call comes
in, you can see the number and name of the second person
calling and decide if you want to answer it, or let it go to
Call Screening - Create a list of numbers that will receive notification that you
are not accepting calls.
Call Forwarding - Forward all your incoming calls to another phone (like your
cell). Comes in handy when youre expecting an important
call, but need to leave your house.
Call Forwarding Selective - Create a select list of numbers you want forwarded to
another phone while you are away from home.
Call Return (*69) - Miss a call? Find out who called and automatically call them
3-Way Calling - Chat with two separate people at once.
Anonymous Call Rejection - Any call from a location that has blocked the display of its
number will be rejected. Only callers who allow their
numbers to be displayed will ring through.
Repeat Dialing - Automatically redial a number until the line is available,
while still making and receiving calls.
Speed Dial - Program up to 30 phone numbers that can be dialed with a
one- or two-button code.
Call ID Blocking - Block your name and number from showing up on other
peoples Caller ID; instead your call will show up as Private
or Anonymous. Set it for specific calls, or all calls made from
• Enhanced Voice Mail - Enhanced Voice Mail allows you to manage your Comcast Digital Voice voicemail messages by phone, or on the Web from anywhere.
Access Voicemail here: Voicemail
• One bill - One simple summary bill for Comcast - Cable TV, High-Speed Internet, and Phone services. Plus, you can view your long distance call detail online.
*This FAQ is based on user knowledge from a volunteer core of BroadbandReports' members. This FAQ in no way constitutes official information from Comcast or any of its affiliates.