dslreports logo

    All FAQs Site FAQ DSL FAQ Cable Tech About DSL Distance DSL Hurdles »»


how-to block ads

Call 1-888-553-1555 (the Fiber Solutions Center) and request this change. They will forward you to the correct department.

You can bypass the queue at FSS and call Enhanced Products directly, which is the department that handles PTR records. Their number is 866-782-5965.

If requested, then Verizon will delegate NS records to your Nameserver, but most reps in tier one only know how to request PTR records, so you might have to talk to tier 2.

Note that only FiOS Business connections with Static IP addresses can request a reverse DNS PTR pointer set up. These are mainly used for e-mail servers.

Also see:

»Phone # for Getting PTR Record Set

Thank you, xargs See Profile, for the updated numbers.

Feedback received on this FAQ entry:
  • Just requested reverse NS record delegation for my /29 and am being told that their delegation policy has changed. They won't do NS record delegation to your name server unless you have at least a /24. Am pushing to get it done anyway; wonder how you escalate?

    2012-11-15 14:42:48

  • The help4you@verizon.com is wrong, it will bounce. Use help4u@verizon.com, this one works.

    2012-09-07 14:54:02

  • I sent my request to business-support@verizonbusiness.com - but it was sent back: "Although Verizon Business has received your email, we are unable to create a ticket via this email address." I called 866-782-5965 and was told that the new address is now: help4you@verizon.com

    2012-08-09 00:05:10

  • I suspect people are already aware of this but I wanted to make sure everybody knew about it. For those with 5 static IPs or more running their own DNS servers, you can ask Verizon to set up NS records (instead of PTR records) and have your DNS server be the authoritative server for reverse lookup resolution. In other words, instead of having them add PTR entries like: IN PTR somename1.example.com. IN PTR somename2.example.com. you can have them add NS records: IN NS nameserver.example.com. IN NS nameserver.example.com. On your name server (nameserver.example.com in the example above) you just create a reverse zone for 3.2.1.in-addr.arpa and add entries for the IP addresses you own ( and in the example above) mapping them to whatever names you like. And you can change them whenever you like too. More information about this approach can be found at http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/avoid-rfc-2317-delegation.html. Note that this also works for people that only have 1 static IP address, but I guess it's not worth the trouble. It's your call though.

    2010-04-29 16:01:17 (DarthRay See Profile)

Expand got feedback?

by aurigus See Profile edited by More Fiber See Profile
last modified: 2011-01-16 22:44:43