how-to block ads
3060 DSL PPP Miniport driver with Win 2000 support
Supports PPP over ATM with both VCMUX and LLC Encapsulation
Supports PPP over Ethernet with 1483 Encapsulation
Supports all 3060s (VPI 0, 0&8, 0-15)
Upgrade/Install app to assist on Windows 2000
Automatic Icon creation for Dial-up Networking
Start menu icon to create additional Icon for Dial-Up networking
Start menu icon to uninstall 3060 and its software
Dial strings optional, with ability to read defaults from device properties
No Reboot required!
This package differs from the regular Speedstream package in that:
No Taskbar app
No checksum Required on Dial strings
1) Place 3060 in PC, boot Windows 2000
NOTE: Win2000 will recognize the 3060 as a 3010 device, and incorrectly install 3010 drivers against it. This is OK, as the install application will correct this. (See figure 1-1)
To view Device Manager - right click on "My Computer" and select properties. Click the "Hardware" tab and select "Device Manager". (See figure 1-0)
2) When the OS is up, run the self extracting EN60PW2K.EXE. Conversely, if you have previously expanded these files, you can simply run the SETUP.EXE that is contained within the self-extracting zip.
NOTE: Setup should start automatically
3) When the 3060 Install Dialog appears, Click 'Install'. The OS will remove the 3010 driver, restart Plug and Play, re-detect the 3060 adapter,
and install the 3060 driver. The "Digital Signature Not Found" window will appear, simply click "YES".
4) The Install is complete. Click "OK".
Open the Device Manager and view properties for the 3060 adapter.
To view Device Manager - right click on "My Computer" and select properties. Click the "Hardware" tab and select "Device Manager". Expand the "Network Adapter"
entry, right click on the 3060 adapter entry and select "Properties".
Once the Properties windows for the 3060 adapter is displayed, click the "Advanced" tab. From here you can change the VPI, VCI and encapsulation.
Making the Connection
NOTE: This is for a PPPoE connection.
Choose 1483 PPPoE for the value of the Default Encapsulation. (See figure 1-2). Select Default VCI and insert 35 for the value. Select VPI and insert 0 for the value (some configurations are already set for 0 for the VPI and won't allow to change it.)
Insert the NTS software into the CD-ROM drive and install it. This is where you will put the customer's username and password in to make the connection. For more information, please refer to your NTS documents.
Uninstalling the Driver
Simply go to Start->Programs->Efficient Networks->Uninstall 3060 DSL Modem. At the uninstall dialog, click 'Remove' No reboot required.
1) The setup program EN60PW2K.EXE MUST be used to properly install the SpeedStream 3060 unit. If an attempt is made to use the INF file provided by Windows 2000, the 3060 device will not function because the operating system will inaccurately label the device "Efficient Networks SS-3010 Miniport Adapter.
2) If you need to replace the internal modem or move it to another slot after installing the software, you MUST remove the driver software before moving the modem.