how-to block ads
- Cancel from Bell and get a cancellation number (make sure to give yourself at least 7 business days before cancelling as it takes 5 business days to activate on our side).
- Provide cancellation number in your order with us and make the activation date the same date as the bell cancellation date. To do otherwise might cause problems with Bell as Sympatico has the root account to the routers and they may disconnect you if your are connected elsewhere ahead of the Bell disconnect date.
If from third party ISP:
- Cancel from the ISP and give yourself at least 7 business days out as it takes 5 business days to transfer to us.
- In this case you can have your activation date overlap, so get our date to happen as soon as possible so that if there are problems that they can be resolved before the other ISP's disconnect date.
Note: In either of these two case, once you receive your login you can just switch it and start using your network ahead of time... Allowing you to pre-configure all of your settings before the physical transfer.
If from Cable (or anything else):
- Pretty simple... order whenever, just make sure the two services overlap so that you can switch with as little interruption as possible.