how-to block ads
First, describe your problem as completely as possible, then provide the following info:
1) Which AT&T DSL Package do you have
Basic (768kbps down), Express (1.5Mbps down), Pro (3.0Mbps down), Elite (6.0Mbps down)
2) Which modem brand and model do you have? (if Speedstream 5100, does it have 4 or 5 lights)
3) Are you using a router? If so, provide the brand and model.
4) Is your PPPoE login info (username & password) entered in the modem, in your router or do you use PPPoE software?
5) Describe the lights on the modem when the trouble occurs.
6) Confirm that youve checked to ensure that ALL devices plugged into the wall jacks serviced by your DSL phone number (except the DSL modem) have filters fitted.
7) Confirm that youve powered off the modem and started it again and whether or not that made any changes with your problem.
8) Do you hear any type of noise on the DSL phone line or any other unusual telephone symptoms?
9) Provide line stats as follows
a) From Speedstream 5100b, 4100, 4100b -- Go to this address with your browser »192.168.0.1/statistics.htm and copy/paste the contents of the first two tables into your post
b) From a 2wire modem/router -- Go to this address with your browser --
»homeportal/xslt?PAGE=J03&THISPAG···PAGE=J03 and copy/paste the content into your post
c) From a Motorola 2210 -- Go to this address with your browser »192.168.1.254/wt108Stats.htm and copy/paste the contents of the first two tables into your post
d) From a Westell 6100 -- Go to this address with your browser - »192.168.1.254/html/statistics.as···ance=106 and copy/paste the contents of the first two tables into your post
10) If you have a speed problem, use the AT&T Speed Test here -- »helpme.att.net/dsl/speedtest/ and post your results.
3/31/10 -- While the AT&T Speed Test site is undergoing renovations, try this site -- »www.speedtest.net
Feedback received on this FAQ entry: