|Home||Reviews||Tools||Forums||FAQs||Find Service||ISP News||Maps||About|
how-to block ads
• Most people recommend a switch instead of a hub because they are about the same price and switches are more efficient than hubs because they eliminate packet collisions. Please reference this FAQ for guidelines on which is right for your needs.
• Many new hubs and switches are auto-sensing and do not use a dedicated Uplink port. Simply plug the cable into any port and the equipment will sense that it as an uplink.
• Some Hubs and switches require a crossover cable between the 2210 and the Uplink port.
• All PC NICs should all be set to "Obtain IP Address Automatically" and no proxy server should be set. Please reference this FAQ. Any changes to the NIC properties may require you to reboot the computer.
• You should press the reset button for ten seconds while powered on to put the modem back to factory default before proceeding.
Power off all equipment. Physically connect the 2210, the hub or switch, XBox, and any computer(s) as shown.
Power up the 2210, the hub or switch, and all PCs. Open a browser session and enter "192.168.1.254" in the address field.
Enter your BellSouth Username followed by "@bellsouth.net" in the User ID field. Enter your BellSouth Password in the Password field. Re-enter your BellSouth Password in the Confirm Password field. Click on Next. Update the Auto Calender Update Configuration as desired and click Next. The modem will try to initiate a session and then return to the main menu.
To use XBox Live you must change your NAT setting or you will be unable to connect. Click on the Local Network tab and select NAT / Gaming from the right menu. Select Gaming from the right menu. Select the desired application from the Service name pull down menu and click Enable.
By default the 2210 modem is set to "Connect on demand" and will disconnect after a certain period of inactivity. Many people change their modem connection to "Always On" to insure that the connection will be immediately restarted if it goes down for any reason.