how-to block ads
Make sure the power is completely removed from the 2210 and the computer. Connect the 2210 directly to the NIC and power up the modem and then the computer. Press the reset button on the back of the 2210 for 10 seconds.
Open a browser session and enter "192.168.1.254" in the address field to access the 2210's interface.
Enter your BellSouth Username followed by "@bellsouth.net" in the User ID field. Enter your BellSouth Password in the Password field. Re-enter your BellSouth Password in the Confirm Password field. Click on Next. Update the Auto Calender Update Configuration as desired and click Next. The modem will try to initiate a session and then return to the main menu.
Click on Broadband DSL Line from the top menu. Click on Configure Connection from the right menu. Select "Bridged Ethernet" from the Protocol pull down. Click on Save and restart the connection at the bottom. This will automatically restart the modem and the interface will return after the changes are saved. Note: functions like NAT, DHCP, IP Passthrough, and username and password will be disabled or irrelevant and can not be selected. After the modem has restarted your Westell is in "Bridged Ethernet" mode and you are ready to configure the native XP PPPoE client.
Configure your Windows XP PPPoE client as follows:
1) Go to Start >Control Panel >Network and Internet Connections.
2) Select Network Connections under the Pick a Control Panel icon.
3) Click Create a new connection under Network tasks.
4) Enter your area code in the location information (if asked), and click OK twice.
5) Click Next when the "Welcome to the new connection wizard" window displays.
6) Select Connect to the Internet and click Next.
7) Select Set up my connection manually and click Next.
8) Select Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name
and password and click Next.
9) Type "FastAccess DSL for the ISP name, and click Next.
10) Enter your BellSouth username followed by "@bellsouth.net" and password. Confirm your password, and click Next.
11) Click Add shortcut to this connection to my desktop and the FastAccess DSL icon will be added to your desktop. Click Finish.
12) Click the FastAccess DSL icon to begin surfing.
An online, html-based menu simulator program is available here. The simulator recreates the Motorola 2210 user interface and provides the ability to navigate menus; just like the real modem interface. It is for simulation purposes only and will not make any changes to your actual modem.