|Home||Reviews||Tools||Forums||FAQs||Find Service||ISP News||Maps||About|
how-to block ads
For the Westell 327 and 6100 Modems use »192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm.
For the Actiontec Gateway use »192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect
For Westell 6100F, Westell 6100, Westell Versalink 327W, and Westell 7500, simply visit »192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm and enter the modem’s username and password (defaul modem user name and password is “admin” and “password”. Click DISABLE and, and personalized your modem’s user settings. It is advisable that you change the password to “admin”. Turn OFF your modem for 30 seconds.
You should be able to route (connect to internet) after walled Garden is OFF.
Fow Actiontec Gateway, just visit »192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect and follow the above procedure clicking OFF button.
Westell 7500 here. Going to http://192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm and clicing "Disable" worked for me when I activated my Vz DSL in March (2012). (Though perhaps that is because I had first created a user name and password at the Verizon web site using a completely dif. internet connection. GNU/Linux user.)
"It is advisable that you change the password to “admin”" Huh?! Since when is "admin" a _secure_ password? Also : "defaul modem user name..." Should obviously be 'default'.
The redirect trick no longer works on any modem EXCEPT for the single pc free modems they send out (6100's). The wireless router combos they send out now use a NETWORK based WG that can not be manually disabled. You are required to register and accept the TOS in order to unwell the modem.
I was already set up and working. But clueless and researching QOS when I found this. Tried it for an old 327 router I bought at thrift store. Redirect page responded Restricted. Call Support at. But I noticed the only button said "enable" indicating I'm already done. Thanks, I'm still looking for a way to keep my DSL speed from droping to nothing when I'm not there to keep reseting it.
I was at my wit's end trying to get my dsl to work again after moving (and being given a new phone number and everything). It wasn't connecting at all, so I thought it might have been a good idea to reset it, which it kinda was, because then at least I could connect to verizon's site, but only there. It wanted to download and install a downloader, which I did, then the downloader wanted to download and install something else, which... failed with an unhelpful error message. I did -not- want to go talk to support more, given they'd been rather unhelpful before, and this seemed a particularly obscure issue. Somehow I managed to find my way here, and well, might as well try anything at this point. I was pretty surprised when this worked completely. I have internet again!