how-to block ads
see here) toggle-link in the forum's header to create a new thread. Your thread title and post should be detailed and accurate as possible. Try to avoid thread titles, such as: "helpppppp me plzzz!", or "i have a question" - those titles do not attract the right amount of help. With the proper tagging, you'll receive assistance from someone in a reasonable amount of time. :-)
For your post, you should include the following:
1. Describe your issue in detail, including any troubleshooting steps you've taken on your own, so far.
2. Where are you located? (this helps to assume if there's an area outage/issue that others can relate to)
3. What's your service level with Optimum Online (e.g. regular; Boost; Boost+; or Ultra)?
4. What cable modem are you using; and do you have a router - if so, which one?
6. Have you checked for packet loss? See this FAQ entry.
7. Post your modem's signal levels, if you can; see - »Optimum Online FAQ »How can I check out my signal levels?
8. Bring up a trace route to an high-end site, such as dslreports.com, or google.com .. see this FAQ on how to post a tracert to the forums --> »Site FAQ »How do I run a traceroute and post the results in the forums?
9. Any other details that might be helpful to analyze the problem.
By answering these initial questions, you avoid "beating around the bush" and receive detailed responses.
Do not post any sensitive account information in the public forums (e.g. phone number; address; modem MAC address, etc.)