how-to block ads
To use the Cayman 3220-H DSL modem/router with BellSouth, it must be configured as follows (Note that these instructions are for use with the Cayman's web browser interface, and these configurations are for 5.x firmware only.
•Connect the Cayman to your network and configure your PC's to access the Cayman by following the instructions in the Getting Started with the Cayman 3220-H booklet that came with the router.
•Using the instructions on page 4 of the booklet, http to the Cayman's web browser interface.
•From the Main configuration menu, click Quickstart. On the Quickstart page, enter your BellSouth FastAccess User name and Password in the appropriate fields and click Save.
•Again, from the Main configuration menu, click DSL Port(WAN).
•In the pulldown selection box next to VCC1 on the ATM Configuration page, choose either ppp-llc, ppp-vcmux, pppoe-llc or pppoe-vcmux. Any of these 4 will work with BellSouth. Most users prefer ppp-llc. Next click the Config button next to VCC1.
- On the VCC1 Configuration page, enter the following settings:
- VPI : 8
- VCI : 35
- Connection Type : Always On
- Idle Timeout : 300 This setting is actually not used
- PAP : On Enter FastAccess User name and Password in the appropriate boxes.
- CHAP : On Enter FastAccess User name and Password in the appropriate boxes.
- IP Interface : On
- NAT : On
- Local Address : 0.0.0.0
- Peer Address : 0.0.0.0
- Admin Restrictions : Admin-disabled Will prevent access to the router setup from the internet!
- RIP-Send : Off
- RIP-Receive : Off
- IP Gateway : On
- Gateway Type : PPP port(vcc1)
- Gateway Address : 0.0.0.0
- Click Save and reboot the Cayman.
- If using Microsoft Internet Explorer and/or Outlook or Outlook Express, make sure to set both to access the internet via the LAN.
by leevis edited by Andy Houtz
last modified: 2003-04-21 17:05:53