|Home||Reviews||Tools||Forums||FAQs||Find Service||ISP News||Maps||About|
how-to block ads
To Reset the newer Barricade Router, use the RESET button on the Router. It is found on the rear panel (except 7004ABR/7008ABR, where it is found in the front). It's a small pinhole blue button. Use a paperclip / pen / pencil to hold in. Reset can be done in following ways. If you find Power LED blinking, then it indicates a successful RESET......
Procedure 1 -
Unplug all the cables except the power cord.
While the Barricade is powered ON, Hold the RESET button for 30 seconds or as long as you find the Power LED blinks.
Procedure 2 -
1 - Unplug all the cables except the power cord.
2 - While the Barricade is powered ON, Hold the RESET button for 5 seconds.
3- While holding the RESET, turn OFF the power to the Router.
4- Continue to hold it for 5 seconds, then turn ON the power to the Router.
5- Wait for another 5 seconds and then release the RESET button.
Procedure 3 -
1 - Unplug all the cables except the power cord and Power ON the Router.
2 - Hold the RESET button for 3 seconds.
3 - Release the RESET button for 2 seconds.
4 - Continue Steps 2 and 3 for Four more times.
Note: If the Procedure 2 and Procedure doesn't work, then try the same procedure with longer time. Use 10 seconds (instead of 5 seconds) for Procedure 2 and use 15 seconds (instead of 3 seconds) for Holding the RESET button for procedure 3.
The 7004BR and 7008BR series router.
Manual Pin Reset:
* Unplug all the cables, except for the power cord.
* Locate the COM port on the back of the unit. Reading left to right, find pins 3 and 8. (This would be the 3rd pin from the left on the top row, and 3rd pin from the left on the bottom row.)
* Turn off the Barricade.
* Using a paper clip, short (hold clip touching both) pins 3 and 8 (If reset is not successful, try pins 4 and 8).
* While holding the short (paper clip) in place, switch the Barricade to the "ON" position. When you turn the Barricade on, please watch the M1 light. To verify that you have a good reset, the M1 light will blink 8 times, and then will resume its normal once per second blinking pattern.
* Once you see the normal M1 light activity, then remove the paper clip.
* Turn the Barricade off.
* Plug in all the cables to the unit and power it back on.
Note: The ABR model cannot be reset using the serial port! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!
Very good explication and description it's working fine. Best Regards jean
didn't work for me. :( the router is a model 7008br
7004br, firmware 1.95c. works great!. Had it boxed up too long to even come close to remembering the network address I used then. Still makes for a dandy print server.
for wbr14sn2 work good thx
Danke, funktioniert!! 7004br Viele Grüße Burkhard
The question I have is where do I go to change the password for my router. I've heard it can be done via a website but I haven't found that. I don't know how to do it on my computer or if there even is a way. My modem often has to be reset to regain wireless functionality for some reason. Hitting the reset button seems simple enough but I know it erases the password and negates my security.