how-to block ads
1. Click the Start button.
2. Click on Control Panel.
3. Double click on Network Connections.
4. Click on the Create a new connection link on the left.
5. Click the Next button.
6. Choose Connect to the internet.
7. Click the Next button.
8. Choose Setup my connection manually.
9. Click the Next button.
10. Choose Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password.
11. Click the Next button.
12. Type anything you want to name the connection in the ISP Name box (ex: Mindspring DSL, EarthLink DSL, etc).
13. Click the Next button.
14. Type in your full username in the User name box & type in your password in both the Password & Confirm Password boxes.
15. Check the two boxes at the bottom for 'Use this account name & password when anyone connects...' & 'Make this the default connection...' if you desire.
16. Click the Next button.
17. If you would like a shortcut to your DSL connection on your Windows desktop, place a check in the Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop box.
18. Click the Finish button.
19. Click the Connect button to connect to your EarthLink/Mindspring DSL.
How to Create a PPPoE Connection in Windows XP [Step by step guide with images]
Note: If you have a UHP Modem you will need to place it into Bridge Mode if it is not already configured that way.
How can I disable router mode on the UHP modem?
How do I put the Netopia 3341 UHP Modem from EL into Bridge Mode?
How to Change UHP Modem from PPPoE Mode to Bridged Mode