From FCC Basics of Unlicensed Transmitters October 2007 (PDF File)
• Fixed Remote station can operate as a point to point system even if the base station operates as a point to multipoint system.
• Equivalent Antenna changes allowed without additional filings. See Section 15.204 antenna change polices.
• Adding additional amplifiers only allowed for 15.247 and 15.407 devices. Amplifier must be Certified with the transmitter per Section 15.204(d)1.
• All Sectorized systems are point to multipoint subject to 4 Watt EIRP limit except those systems that qualify as a Smart Antenna System (SAS). See SAS guidelines.
• For SAS system only, Prohibited Broadcasting does not include occasional broadcast management signals or
non-permanent multi-casting. See SAS guidelines.