Apple Repair Privileges will restore the default privileges of the system and Apple applications. Here are some symptoms of corrupt privileges:
* "An error of type -192" alert message in Disk Copy when disk images fail to become available.
* "An error of type -108" alert message in Print Center when spooling print jobs.
* "You are running Classic without superuser (root) Privileges" alert message when trying to start up Classic and the System Folder is blessed.
* An Admin user cannot drag files to a folder to which they should have write access, for example, the Applications folder.
* Files are unexpectedly locked and cannot be unlocked in the Finder.