|Home||Reviews||Tools||Forums||FAQs||Find Service||ISP News||Maps||About|
how-to block ads
1. Find the MAC address of the NIC that has your IP at the moment. To do that go to the command prompt and type ipconfig /all in a Windows NT/2K/XP machine or type winipcfg on any Win9x system. The MAC address will look some thing like this
Write that down you will need it later.
2. Login to your router. If its new or you haven't changed your settings you need to type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of internet explorer. You will now see a screen like this.
You need to type in your password. If its your first time using the router the password will be admin no user name is needed.
3. Next make your way to the advanced tab
4.Click on the MAC address clone button
5. Now take the MAC address you wrote down before and enter it into the field.
6. Click apply and if everything worked you should seen this screen
You are done