Migration is not mandatory at this time. According to SBC, if you do not upgrade your account to SBC Yahoo! DSL, you will still have your high-speed Internet connection, but you will eventually lose your SBC home page and portal.
With that in mind, if any of the following features interest you, you may want to consider the account migration, which does not require installing any software and will not require you to change your email address(es).
- New Yahoo-provided homepage (dsl.sbc.yahoo.com)
- Merge an existing Yahoo ID and @yahoo.com address with your SBC account (if you want)
- Free unlimited nationwide dial access
- Three free Consumer Reports guides
- 110MB of storage for photos and/or files ("briefcase")
- Extra mailboxes become full featured sub accounts (with separate homepage customizations, dialup access, etc)
- Forwarding feature allows you to use mailboxes as aliases
- Web access to mail from mail.yahoo.com
- Increased mail storage (25MB for primary, 10MB for extra boxes)
- Spam filtering (can be done automatically, or by adding headers for your mail client to recognize)
- Extra features you can pick include even more online storage, Yahoo games, bill payments, finance reports, and an Encyclopaedia Britannica subscription
After upgrading, you have the option to download a custom browser for Windows which includes a firewall and parental controls. You can also place a request for a CD to be mailed to you in early 2003, which has the custom browser and a connection manager (helps troubleshoot problems) for both Windows and Mac.
last modified: 2002-11-22 00:26:10