dslreports logo

    All FAQs Site FAQ DSL FAQ Cable Tech About DSL Distance DSL Hurdles »»


how-to block ads

Yes, there are specialized DSL/POTS splitter designed for apartment applications. For maximum effect, the splitter should be connected directly after the INI (Inside Network Interface), if available. If your apartment does not have an INI then try to find the "first jack". The first jack is, as the name implies, the first wired jack into your apartment from the telco network. Replacing the first jack with a splitter will isolate the rest of the inside wiring and allow you to create a homerun. Detailed instructions on installing a homerun within an apartment are available here. Two common DSL/POTS splitters designed for apartment applications are shown below.

Siecor INI Wallplate Splitter

Siecor INI Wallmount Splitter

Andy Houtz

Expand got feedback?

by Andy Houtz See Profile
last modified: 2004-03-31 14:30:08