All legacy BellSouth customers have been migrated to the new AT&T/Yahoo platform and should use the Email Configuration Site
The servers for all legacy BellSouth customers are:
Incoming (POP): pop.att.yahoo.com
Outgoing (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com
Incoming mail server type: POP3
Incoming/Outgoing User Name: Full AT&T email address, including domain (e.g. email@example.com)
Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked
Outgoing mail port # 465, secure connection (SSL) checked Note:
Your email password can/may be different from your standard FastAccess login password. Also, unlike having to log into FastAccess, your POP email log in does not require "@bellsouth.net" after the username. To change your email password check here
If you experience any problems with your email, check your email client to verify that you are not using the old address format.
Feedback received on this FAQ entry:
- Thank you so much for this page. I have been trying to get my email setup for a while with this new computer. I finally decided to see if there was anything out there and found this site... It's working fine now... Again THANKS.. David
- Thank you sir for this info!
- Thank you for such precise instructions.
- Finally! I was able to utilize my C-Spire 4G Hotspot with Windows Live Mail and be able to send e-mail using the configuration data provided.
- As of now, Aug 2013, ATT website support for bellsouth.net legacy addresses says that pop.att.yahoo.com and smtp.att.yahoo.com continue to work at this time but they have updated the server info on their website. Server now set to incoming.att.net and outbound.att.net for incoming and outgoing servers. All other settings are the same: 995 incoming, 465 outgoing, and SSL = yes.
- under servers tab: inbound.att.net (pop3), outbound.att.net (smtp), log use clear text authentication, outgoing mail server (click requires authentication)
under advanced tab: port 465 - outgoing, port 995 - incoming both require SSL
information find at http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738&cv=801#fbid=5LuvWjYlYTA
- easy fix thanks, you were desperately needed
- What does LEGACY customers mean?
- WHERE is the OLD Bellsouth.net mailbox? I had to restore my computer a while back and didn't know how to reset up my Bellsouth and had no idea where to contact anyone to find out and now I think I know and want to set it up but all I get is my Yahoo.com mailbox.
- This is really CRAP!!!! Bringing up new things is great, but killing legacy operations STINKS!!!!! I've already wasted several hours, and I still don't have my email. I am a long time Thunderbird user and I am very disappointed with the treatment that bellsouth has given me!!!!!
- Excellent detail. Worked flawlessly.
Very much appreciated.
- Thank you! 20 hours and countless tears later... it's fixed. Susan
- ATT support tried to send me to the paid support saying they did not support the Microsoft Outlook product and the error was in the Outlook setup.
I declined, researched and found this info, worked great.
- Perfect! Thank you!
- Have spent untold time attempting to set up email on a nextbook7p. Thank goodness this worked. Don't think I would have ever acomplished it without this information. THANKS!!!
- I agrree, worked great! but for newer computer users only...read on...
please note there is no option for pop3 only imap...so use that option, had I'd known that....would have saved me considerable time, I guess everyone assumes that you have the newesst and greatest technology........bought my computer a year ago:) many thanks for the help!!!!!
- excellent! Thanks
- Thankfully this worked after spending a frustrating session with ATT support and when they could not help me they wanted to refer me to their fee-based division or their Microsoft division. Sad part was I tried to tell the lady I was pretty sure the outgoing and incoming info was incorrect since the email was yahoo based now but she assured me that was not correct--thanks for helping me get my emails working.
- What worked for me was
Incoming (IMAP) imap.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing (SMTP) smtp.att.yahoo.com
- I did a Yahoo search to find out this info - didn't even know exactly what I was looking for and this page came up with everything I needed. I did it - I now have email on my new cell phone!!! Thank you for making this info so easy.
- check this website www.support.com/email/isp/bellsouth I think that's the same config. but has some other email stuff as well
- Worked like a charm.
- In the "note" it says the email login does NOT require the @bellsouth.net after the username. In the section right above that, it shows in parenthesis that it IS required.
Which is it?
2011-11-11 07:44:34 (GuruGuy )
- if this Outgoing mail port # 465, doesn't work then try Port # 25 instead...
- THANKS! This works! (9/29/2011) Hopefully they won't change it again for a while.
- ridiculously helpful!!! Could not find this anywhere!!!!!
- Thanks again. It seems every time I reinstall windows and have to set up my email again, this is the page I find to remind me how to do it. Works the first time every time. Thanks a bunch!
- superb got it & it was working fire. please keep on answering
last modified: 2010-08-22 16:28:16