|Home||Reviews||Tools||Forums||FAQs||Find Service||ISP News||Maps||About|
how-to block ads
Fraps is a video capture and framerate utility
1. Sampling rate Chooses the rate at which the FPS (frames per second) are sampled and displayed.
2. Overlay Style Opaque creates a black square background behind the FPS. Transparent displays only the FPS
3. Overlay Corner Choose which corner of the screen the FPS are displayed.
4. Video Capture Check to enable the user to record in-game video.
5. Key Left Click inside box and choose the key to bind to the preceding function
6. Movie Framerate Select the FPS at which FRAPS will record. **The higher the better the quality, the lower the number the longer the recording time**
7. Screen Capture Check to enable capturing of bitmap screen shots.
8. Manual logging Check to enable a recording of average FPS into a text document.
Ex. 2003-05-11 22:24:32 - BF1942 Frames: 202 - Time: 2453ms - Avg: 82.348 - Min: 75 - Max: 95
9. FPS Recording Check to create a text log of every FPS sample.
Ex. 2003-05-11 22:20:31 - BF1942 159 189 189 196 179
10. Include Framerate Check to show the sampled framerate in screenshots and to show the movie framerate at which the user has previously chosen to record.
11. Fraps Minimized Check to start the program in the background.
The FRAPS FAQ has more information about this program.
**Fraps will not record audio**
**All text documents, recordings and screenshots are saved in C:\Fraps