|Home||Reviews||Tools||Forums||FAQs||Find Service||ISP News||Maps||About|
how-to block ads
Simple, so you can see the Status of the modem, as well as the log, and check the Signal, etc.
When i type 192.168.100.1 into IE, it asks for a password, what can i do?
Follow the step-by-step i have written up. If unsuccessful, PM me, ill be glad to help
I've lost my UBS (or LAN) connection, what can i do?
The USB connector is the same used for connecting most USB devices, such as printers. You can pick one up at Future shop or Radio Shack. If you want to get fancy, you can look into some these RED LED USB or BULE LED USB cables, just for added effect, but are not nessisary. Here is a good quality (i believe, correct me if im wrong) CAT5 (LAN) cable
I do not have a USB connection on my computer
Common? who doesnt have USB these days?... If you dont, your 2options are to: 1) buy a USB card, 2) cannot finish this.
Webstar Cable Modem Config Page Access:
The config page is: 192.168.100.1
1) Unplug the coax cable from the back of the modem, and press the reset button.
2) Take the USB connector (or LAN, wich ever one is not inuse), and plug it in*, press the reset button again**.
3) Go into your net work settings, and note the IPs that are assigned (see pic
"modemdhcp.JPG"). I recommend using the LAN port to use as the connection to the net and the USB port to access the page.
3a) Write down the ip of the USB so u can configure it manually later.
4) Go into the properties of the USB connection, and double click the Internet Protocol(TCP/IP). (see pic "mancfg.JPG)
5) access the confige page (192.168.100.1), and make sure that you can get in (see: aboutyourmodem.JPG).
5.a) You should get in, if not, reset the modem again. If that fails, you must have messed up on a step above, since the modem only allows access when not synced.
6) Dissconnect the USB from the back of the modem.
7) Plug the coax cable back into the modem, and allow it to boot***.
7.a) wait untill the modem has finnished, and assigned your LAN connection an IP.
7.b) You can also watch the boot process from the config page untill it is finished.
8) Once the Online, PC, & Cable LEDs on the front are on, the modem has finished the boot process.
8.a) check the connection of the LAN at this point, and make sure it has assinged you an ip.
It should be either in the range of 24.xxx.xxx.xxx or 63.xxx.xxx.xxx. (see: booted.JPG)
8.b) try refreshing the config page, it will ask for the pw now (see: pw.JPG)
9) Reconnect the manually configred USB connection.
10) Now check the config page, it will load, and not request a pw or anything (see:
* = You should now have both LAN and USB connected.
** = The modem needs to reconize that both USB and LAN are connected.
*** = It can take afew min for the modem to finish booting, depending on the number of people booting theirs at this time, and other factors
Provided by King Cobra 66
The following was offered as working on one webstar modem ...