how-to block ads
To change DNS servers:
• Right click on the My Network Places icon on the desktop and select Properties. (If the icon is not available, go to Start menu | My Computer | My Network Places | View Network Connections.)
• Locate the network connection that is associated with your Internet connection. This may be labeled something like "Local Area Connection." If you have more than one connection to choose from, be sure you determine the right one before proceeding.
• Right click on the appropriate connection and select Properties.
• In the list that appears under the General tab, double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
• In the window that appears, you want to select the option to Use the following DNS server addresses...
• At this point you will want to enter at least one of your personal preferred DNS servers.
A complete list of servers can be found here: Comcast DNS servers Click the tab of choice to see the type of DNS server you are seeking.
• Press Ok out of all windows until you are back to the Network Connections window. You can now open your web browser and browse to a website to see if it connects faster.
*This FAQ is based on user knowledge from a volunteer core of BroadbandReports' members. This FAQ in no way constitutes official information from Comcast or any of its affiliates.