how-to block ads
(1.06.15 Firmware or Higher)
This FAQ is in conjunction with the General Westell Modem FAQ and provides specific information pertaining only to the Westell 2100 (Model A90-210030-04). Please reference the General Westell Modem FAQ for overall setup and configuration information. The current Westell Users Guide is available here.
This FAQ has three major sections
Section 1 - Release Notes for 1.06.15 Firmware
Section 2 - Physical Connections and LED Status Display
Section 3 - Network Configuration Links
Updates and changes with 1.06.15 Firmware:
• If you do not have the newest firmware or don't know your current version, please reference the Westell Firmware Update FAQ.• Improved DNS recover capabilities that can recognize and recover from a bad DNS request.
• Improved connection recovery capabilities that can recognize and recover from network outages or improperly ended PPPoE sessions quicker and more efficiently.
• New one click firmware update capability that automatically checks the BellSouth Support Site for the latest firmware. The manual firmware update capability is still available.
• Automatically adds "@bellsouth.net" in the username field if it is not entered correctly
• Improved troubleshooting and diagnostic codes.
Pictures by Andy Houtz
•Westell and a Switch or Hub FAQ
•Westell and Linksys Router FAQ
•Westell and a Wireless Linksys FAQ
•Westell and DLink Router FAQ
•Westell and Netgear Router FAQ
•Westell and SMC Router FAQ
•Westell and Generic Routers FAQ
•Westell and a Wireless Access Point FAQ
Feedback received on this FAQ entry: