how-to block ads
* Check Create appropriate filter rule and don't ask me again.
•For now, until the firewall is fully configured, close DC++. You will receive several other popups; just click on Permit until they go away.
•Open up the Firewall Administration program.
Click on Advanced.
•Scroll down to the bottom of the list of applications. Find DC++.
Click on Edit at the bottom of the screen.
* Change the protocol to TCP and UDP.
* Change the direction to Both directions.
•This is what the rule for DC++ should now look like:
•That's it! DC++ should now be set up!
•Along the left side, click on Add.
* Fill out the new filter rule following the example above.
* Use whatever local port you are forwarding on your router to your computer. If you do not have a router, pick any port.
•After the rule has been created, it should look like the following back in the Packet Filter page.
•In DC++, your settings should look like the following:
* The IP is your external one, which you can find out by clicking here.
•That's it! The firewall should now be set up so you can search in active mode.