|Home||Reviews||Tools||Forums||FAQs||Find Service||ISP News||Maps||About|
how-to block ads
1. You turn off or reset your PC/modem/router or simply end the session by disconnecting.
Change your habits.
2. Your modem/router/PC is set to timeout after a certain time of unactivity.
Make sure your router is not set time out. Some manufacturers refer to this as "keep alive" or require you to enter 0 in the Idle Timeout field.
Linksys "Keep Alive" Example
Netgear "Keep Alive" Example
Change your Westell to "Always On" procedure
3. You have a router or modem that is/going bad.
When a router or modem is dying it may disconnect you for no reason and no real pattern. Make sure your firmware is up to date. If you suspect a bad router, simply connect the modem directly to one computer to troubleshoot.
4. You have a physical line problem that makes you lose synch.
Check for physical line problems like bad filters, broken wires, interference, etc.
Perform a modem test at the NID
5. BellSouth disconnects you due to maintenance or an outage.
Out of your control.
Andy Houtz DSL