how-to block ads
If your system has a Corrupted Bios and won't Post this will work.. It is Mainly Called "hot Flashing"
1. Remove the corrupted Bios chip from the motherboard.
2. Find somebody or another Mobo with the same style socket and boot that system to windows or Dos depending on which flash program you are using.
3. while the system is running, pull the bios Chip out and install the corrupted Bios chip into the Motherboard.
4. Now start your Flash program and do the following depending which program you are using:
a: If you are using an Abit MOBO and flashmenu to do it, you must check out the "Ignore BIOS partnumber check" which is located under "Advanced setting", or else the flashmenu will stop cause the bios differs with the MOBO.
b: If using a Dos App, Use the -f parameter to force the program to Program the chip..
c: If using Winflash, It will give you a Bios ID error and tell it to ignore it. also make sure to have it clear and program all areas.
5. reprogram the chip. When it finishes, Do not have the system reboot.
6. Pull the Bios chip out and Install the original back into the Motherboard you were using to program the chip. then use the system as normal..
7. Reinstall the reprogrammed chip back into it's socket and go from there..
NOTE: if you don't do this right, it could be disastrous to the Mobo you are using to reprogram the chip.
Feedback received on this FAQ entry: