|Home||Reviews||Tools||Forums||FAQs||Find Service||ISP News||Maps||About|
how-to block ads
4 Hacking and Tweaking
1. Connect your Alcatel STH/Pro directly to your NIC.
2. You then need to log into the Alcatel STH/Pro and change its routing table. Set your NIC to the following:
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
3. Open your web browser, and point it to »10.0.0.138
4. The Alcatel STH/Pro web interface should appear. Follow the steps in the screenshot below.
* NOTE: this is a set up for a typical Linksys router, which uses 192.168.1.x IP's. If your router uses 192.168.0.x IP's or something else, just set it up accordingly.
5. Plug your computer back to the router and change your NIC properties back to Obtain IP/DNS Automatically, or a static IP if you had one set before.
Now the cabling setup.
1. Connect the Alcatel STH/Pro to the UPLINK port of your router via a straight-thru ethernet cable. If your router does not have an uplink port, it may auto-detect the cable, in which case you should plug it into any available port. Make sure you get a LINK light to verify the connection.
2. Plug in a straight-thru ethernet cable from any available router LAN port, directly to the router's WAN port. Make sure you get a LINK light to verify the connection.
And that's it! You can access your modem's web interface by entering »192.168.1.138 and also thru Telnet & AlcaTool. You are still able to access your router's web interface as well, at the same time. No more cable swapping, and reconfiguring your NIC!
Also refer to this thread for more information.
(Note from FAQ author: I tried this procedure, and it did not work for me. Your results may vary.)
IP Address (of your machine): 10.0.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 10.0.0.138
IMPORTANT: make note of the current settings before you change them because you will need to change them back in order to connect to the Internet again.
Once you have done that, you may need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. Then you can type 10.0.0.138 in your web browser to access the modem configuration pages.
Note that you will not be able to connect to the Internet using your modem while doing this, so it is a good idea to have any material you need either printed out or saved to your computer since you will not be able to consult resources on the internet for assistance.
got feedback?Get it here
Please note that the Alcatool software is not an Alcatel product, and use of it is at your own risk.
Note that Alcatool will NOT work with Speedtouch USB modems.
got feedback?This website will generate the password for you based on the modem MAC address.