how-to block ads
1. Click the Start button.
2. Click on Control Panel.
3. Double click on Network Connections.
4. Click on the Create a new connection link on the left.
5. Click the Next button.
6. Choose Connect to the internet.
7. Click the Next button.
8. Choose Setup my connection manually.
9. Click the Next button.
10. Choose Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password.
11. Click the Next button.
12. Type anything you want to name the connection in the ISP Name box (ex: Mindspring DSL, EarthLink DSL, etc).
13. Click the Next button.
14. Type in your full username in the User name box & type in your password in both the Password & Confirm Password boxes.
15. Check the two boxes at the bottom for 'Use this account name & password when anyone connects...' & 'Make this the default connection...' if you desire.
16. Click the Next button.
17. If you would like a shortcut to your DSL connection on your Windows desktop, place a check in the Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop box.
18. Click the Finish button.
19. Click the Connect button to connect to your EarthLink/Mindspring DSL.
How to Create a PPPoE Connection in Windows XP [Step by step guide with images]
Note: If you have a UHP Modem you will need to place it into Bridge Mode if it is not already configured that way.
How can I disable router mode on the UHP modem?
How do I put the Netopia 3341 UHP Modem from EL into Bridge Mode?
How to Change UHP Modem from PPPoE Mode to Bridged Mode
Fortunately, the folks here at dslreports worked night and day to find you the direct link off of Earthlink's site for the Pop-Up Blocker.
Feedback received on this FAQ entry:
How to Configure the Mac OS X Network Panel for PPPoE
Earthlink Protection Control Center [~18 MB]
The EarthLink Toolbar for Internet Explorer, featuring ScamBlocker [2.9 MB]
The EarthLink Toolbar for the FireFox Browser, featuring ScamBlocker
Due to XPI install or JAR download user must get it from the EL Website. Sorry.
There is an EarthLink Theme available for FireFox 1.5 and up also at the above page link. Download Firefox 1.5 Now! [If you don't have it]
EL TotalAccess 2005.2 for Windows XP [20 MB]
EL TotalAccess 2005.2 for Windows XP [23.8 MB] (With free Parental Controls)
EL TotalAccess 2005.2 for Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows Me, or Windows 2000 [22.4 MB]
EL TotalAccess 2005.2 for Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows Me, or Windows 2000 [26.2 MB] (With free Parental Controls)
Total Access 2003 v3.84 (Older version) for Win98, ME, Win2K, and XP. [15.4 MB]
PopUp Blocker v3.03 "Stand Alone" Edition. [689 KB]
EarthLink MailBox with ScamBlocker [9.0 MB] (POP3 Email program like Outlook or OE, Eudora, and/or Netscape Mail)
WinPoet v4.03 PPPoE Client. [3.54 MB] Originally for Earthlink.Net customers, but works with all EL owned domains.
Note: Not for XP.
NTS Enternet 100 v.1.31 PPPoE Client. [4.14 MB] Originally for Mindspring.com customers, but works with all EL owned domains.
Note: Not for XP.
MacPoET 2.0 [528 KB]
Note: Only for Mac OS 7.6.1 through OS 9 including Open Transport 1.1.1
Enternet 300 for Macintosh v 1.20 [2.75 MB]
Note: Only for Mac OS 7.6.1 through OS 9 including Open Transport 2.5.1
Zone Alarm Free (Formerly Earthlink sponsored, still FREE) *check for updates after install. [Everyone is running this RIGHT? ;-)] Also download the latest PDF User Guide for Zone Alarm Free to get full use of the product.
Note: For all that EL offers (Free and Premium) you should visit the Main Earthlink Software & Tools page and look around.