how-to block ads
At the end of the beta period, beta testers will have the option of either canceling their accounts at no charge of course, or moving to the paid service at prices to be determined.
As a guideline, the most basic mail functions, although still with Anti-spam and Anti-virus features, will cost between 0.5 to 1 tool point a month. With TP discounts and bonuses, this could be less than 50c a month or $6 a year. Additional services may cost extra per month.
During the beta period, there are no guarantees that service will be trouble free, do NOT rely on the beta mail system for business or mission critical email! There may also be adjustments to the way the service is presented, and the limits imposed, as a result of monitoring and feedback from users. Despite this "fine print", it actual has been stable and reliable so far.
Oh, and in case you don't know .. this is not just vanilla email. Features:
• Easy to use control panel for aliases, forwarding and more
• Completely tunable anti-spam filters (SpamAssassin) that block almost all spam immediately
• Anti-virus scanning
• Fast delivery, fast retrieval.
Enjoy the beta!
Feedback received on this FAQ entry:
This is a complex system that requires substantial resources to operate and maintain, given the size of the membership and the potential numbers of mailboxes. An ISP that provides POP3 mail services pays for it out of your monthly charges ... DSLR is mostly free, and Premium status is a one-time charge.
This allows all users to have access to the mail system, regardless of their level of membership.
Charging a recurring fee also helps to prevent abuse of the mail system, which would be almost a certainty if it was free. We would like to make it useful and available to everyone, but also to keep it worthwhile, and not just another HotMail that is subject to widespread abuse.
1. You agree not to use the service to send unsolicited commercial email, as well as all the usual types of email most email service providers prohibit in their terms of service.
2. You understand the service is best effort. Any tool point deductions for the service are only refundable by decision of broadbandreports.com, and any such refund, or refund refusal, is final and non negotiable. You are able to cancel service at any time and should the service not be of sufficient quality, you agree that cancelation and cessation of further charges is the only recourse we can guarantee.
3. You understand that should your account exceed limits shown on your Mail Control Panel, or, exceed new limits imposed at any time in the future in order to maximise system availability for other users, your service may be suspended or even cancelled with no prior warning. There is no guarantee in that case that mail sent to you was received, can be recovered, or returned to you. We will of course attempt to display any relevant limits and your usage on your mail control panel, and will attempt to warn you via system instant message when such limits are in danger of being exceeded.
4. You understand that there may be outages in this service, and that although broadbandreports.com will do its utmost to communicate with its mail system users about any service problems, there are no warranties implied or expressed by broadbandreports.com to the subscriber to this service.
Tool Points FAQ if you need information on how to obtain more tool points.