|Home||Reviews||Tools||Forums||FAQs||Find Service||ISP News||Maps||About|
how-to block ads
0.0 Forum Info
For your post, you should include the following:
1. Describe your issue in detail, including any troubleshooting steps you've taken on your own, so far.
2. Where are you located? (this helps to assume if there's an area outage/issue that others can relate to)
3. What's your service level with Optimum Online (e.g. regular; Boost; Boost+; or Ultra)?
4. What cable modem are you using; and do you have a router - if so, which one?
6. Have you checked for packet loss? See this FAQ entry.
7. Post your modem's signal levels, if you can; see - »Optimum Online FAQ »How can I check out my signal levels?
8. Bring up a trace route to an high-end site, such as dslreports.com, or google.com .. see this FAQ on how to post a tracert to the forums --> »Site FAQ »How do I run a traceroute and post the results in the forums?
9. Any other details that might be helpful to analyze the problem.
By answering these initial questions, you avoid "beating around the bush" and receive detailed responses.
Do not post any sensitive account information in the public forums (e.g. phone number; address; modem MAC address, etc.)
got feedback?DSLReports.com is a private operation website, along with all forums within, which includes the »OptimumOnline forum. This forum is in no way affiliated with Cablevision Systems. However, there are several techs and official support from the company present on the site; please click here.
If you have an inquiry regarding forum operation, please contact your forum host/moderator, Lex Luthor .
And, as for your FAQ editors - contact tmpchaos ; or myself, drake .