|Home||Reviews||Tools||Forums||FAQs||Find Service||ISP News||Maps||About|
how-to block ads
3 Spam Legality
New anti-spam legislation is currently in the works in the U.S.
Aside from the legality of it, it is against the Terms of Service of almost every ISP to use their servers or bandwidth to spam. This means that when you complain to a spammer's ISP, they may lose their Internet access (a good thing!).
Bill 1618 is a popular thing for spammers to mention when they are trying to discourage you from reporting them to their ISP or web host. Don't let it stop you.
None of those excuses legalize what they are doing. You should report them just like any other spam, only more so because they are trying to trick you.
2. If the spam you receive asks for money through the U.S. Mail, the United States Postal Inspection Service, forward a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. To report e-mails promoting medical products such as human drugs, animal drugs, medical devices, biological products, foods, dietary supplements or cosmetics, that you think might be illegal, forward the email to the Food and Drug Administration at email@example.com.
4. Suspected fraudulent nonprescription drug spam can be forwarded to the Food and Drug Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. If spam you receive touts a stock opportunity forward it to email@example.com.
6. Nigerian "419" scams can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
the email for the Federal Trade Commision is now email@example.com please update this page
THIS EMAIL IS NON FUNCTIONAL - PLEASE POST ANY OTHER IF YOU FIND ONE. Nigerian "419" scams can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
I ordered food from a U.K. website. Two days later I received an email asking me to update my information. Their website said it was a scam. A week later I received a bogus charge from Amsterdam on my credit card. They had no email number, website, phone number or products. The website I ordered from was RED23.
email@example.com is an outdated email reporting the current one is Spam@uce.gov
And don't forget who is working for your interests and who isn't when it's time to vote!
The CAN-SPAM Library