how-to block ads
1. In order to run the Distributed Computing project Rosetta@Home you will first need to download BOINC. To download the correct version for your Windows OS Click Here.
2. After downloading BOINC, install it. This will be the first screen
3. Click Next.
4. Read License Agreement, click Accept terms in the license agreement.
5. Click Next.
6. BOINC will then install in the C:\Program Files\BOINC directory
7. Choose the Setup Type (single-user recommended) and click Next.
8. The options "make default screensaver" and "execute on logon" are up to the user. There is no benefit to running the screensaver. My preference is to uncheck the "make BOINC your default screensaver".
9. Click Next
10. BOINC will now install.
11. Click Finish to launch BOINC
12. Now it is time to attach to a project. Click Next.
13. This is where you will choose your project to attach to. In this case we will choose Rosetta@Home. Hightlight Rosetta@Home and click Next.
14. The next screen will ask for User Information
15. If you are a new user click the New User button & enter your e-mail address then a password.
16. If you are an existing user then click the Existing User button & enter your e-mail address then your password.
17. Click Next
18. You are now attached to the project.
19. Click Finish.
20. The Boinc Manager will now be running in your system tray
21. To join DSL Reports Team Helix go to DSL Reports Team Helix page and click on the Join Team button.
Good luck & happy crunching! :)